AARRGH! Delayed until after New Years

lazy_gardensDecember 18, 2012

I spent yesterday running around, checking that we had all the parts needed to yank the old sink and counters and get the new ones in.

Spacer for granite - Check! After measuring almost every candidate in Lowes and HD, found a 4.5mm one. When the shelf labelk says 3/16, it's not always right. BTW, Home Depot is selling 2x4foot chalkboard panels if anyone wants one.

Tile for backsplash - Check! Basic bland bone 3"x6" rectangles ... plus plenty of extra in case we decide the other walls need backsplash. At $1.50 a square foot, I can afford to buy for contingencies.
Grout - Check!
Sink and sink clips - Check!
Faucet and lotion dispensers - Check!
1/4 turn valves for supply lines - Check!
Supply lines - Check!
T-thingy that covers seam between granite and butcherblock - Check! And it's solid brass I can blacken myself.
Alder boards to make breadboard ends on 2 counters - Check!

What I'm lacking now is the contractor ... his schedule slipped and my schedule can't flex, so it's after the New Year. :(

And I was REALLY ready to get this over with. Heck, I was ready last year this time, and life happened and I ended up working on a house 700 miles away.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gina_W

Heh-heh, I can relate. I had to wait for my main guy until this month, and hoped beyond hope that this 2-bathroom, 1 closet project could be done before Christmas but stuff happens of course, so we'll be finishing up after New Years.

It's okay - it's worth the wait!

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 5:10PM
More Discussions
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Resurrecting kitchen project Part II
My husband’s kitchen deadline is still May, but it...
margo456
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™