any ideas for getting for around my peninsula

m2twoDecember 29, 2012

We are building a new house and I am trying to figure out if it will be possible to sit 4 at the peninsula. My thoughts are to move the fridge closer to the pantry door, make the cabinets on the dining room side of the fridge 12 inch instead of 24 inch cabinets. Angling the peninsula or making the end round so we can sit on both sides. Moving the stove closer to the sink to allow sitting on both sides of peninsula.

Any thoughts?

Here is the plan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
m2two

Title should be ideas for getting four around the peninsula. I need to be better at proofing.

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 3:35PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

There simply is no way you're going to seat four around that peninsula. You need a minimum of 8 linear feet for 4 seats. Creating an arc will get you 3 and that will interfere somewhat with traffic patterns and furniture placement. Furniture placement and traffic patterns will already be tight and somewhat awkward in these rooms as it is due to how the windows and fireplace are placed.

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 3:56PM
Gigi_4321

Why not enlarge the utility room to include the mudroom, lose the pantry and have a large island in the middle of the kitchen? Seems like a lot of wasted sq.ft. in that mudroom.

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 4:40PM
m2two

Thanks for the responses. Utility room is actually in the garage for the furnace so it is not part of the finished space. Also framing is done so cabinet layout is the only thing I can change.

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™