Choosing the island color

Aggiemama1December 6, 2012

I need help. My style is transitional.

My kitchen will have white perimeter cabinets and I am thinking of doing the island in either grey, black or an espresso stain with the vent hood being painted or stained the same as the island. The floors & countertops have not been chosen yet but I am wanting a light granite and a medium colored floor ( I wanted dark but with my kids I need to go medium)

Stainless appliances, moen arbor faucet in either stainless or black wrought iron.

Any thoughts on the island color or the stainless steel/matte black Moen Arbor faucet?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

I really think you should pick your countertop material. Whatever you end up falling in love with will influence, not only your white tone, but also what color island would be best.
For example I really thought I wanted something like Cambria Torquay, but I ended up realizing I wanted a warmer stone and so I went with Madre perla quartzite. My planned island then changed color too.
The countertop is a big amount of real estate in the kitchen, so I would try to hone in on your choice early on.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
White Macaubus and Sea Pearl quartzite
We are considering White Macaubus for our kitchen in...
poppy3212
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Faucet Choice: Blanco, Hansgrohe or KWC
Hi, We are remodeling our kitchen and will be putting...
jazzcook
Please help! We're getting a buzz--LED dimmer questions
We installed Commercial Electric LED can lights made...
laughablemoments
Best type of rug to protect hardwood floors in kitchen?
I found an older thread which discusses choices of...
juliedrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™