Show me your corner sinks, please!

tiskersDecember 23, 2008

The recent thread on the corner sink set back about 6" from the front got me thinking (and fretting a little!) ;o)

Our new kitchen design calls for a corner sink AND a corner cabinet above it. I am hoping the corner cabinet is not "in my way" while washing dishes or cleaning up.

In our design drawings, the sink looks nice and close to the edge of the granite. If our fabricators do anything funky there, I will not be happy!

Sooooooo -- tell me about your corner sinks. Do you love them? Hate them?! And what about cabinets above them -- any problems?

And oh yes, of course all photos WELCOME!

Thank you!

Lynn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mbarstow

Lynn -- I have lived with a corner sink for 28 years and love it and no corner cabinet above. With the new kitchen that we are planning, I don't want a cabinet over the sink, but do want a "wow" factor.
I've seen a wonderful arrangement for a corner and am considering it--it's two shelves at 90 degree right angles and two sets of apothecary (3 on each side) drawers under the bottom shelf. This allows you to decorate with pretty pottery, or plants, teapots, etc. The little aporthecary drawers are very attractive, but not cheap. In not putting a cabinet above your sink, you also gain a nice amount of room behind your sink and don't have to worry about your faucet, soap dispenser, sprayer, etc.

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 5:07PM
rowen_realtor

I love my corner sink, and I have a cabinet over it as well, though it's not as long as the side cabinets. I don't have any "headroom" problems and love the long run from the sink to the range for prep work.

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 5:48PM
tiskers

Thank you both for your replies!

I am very excited for our corner sink... the cabinet above it has already been ordered... a lovely mullioned glass-doored corner wall cabinet. There is another wall cabinet on each side. I think it will be beautiful. I HOPE SO, anyway!!!

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 6:39PM
ak0402

Have you seen this thread? It discusses pros and cons. I really like my corner sink. I do have a cabinet above, which is not in my way at all. In fact, I really like the cabinet above my corner sink because it's extra deep because it is in the corner.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Sinks in Corner

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 7:51PM
tiskers

AKChicago,
THANKS for the link! VERY helpful!
Wow, lots of beautiful corner sinks there. I love them!
Hopefully soon I will have my own beautiful corner sink to post there! ;o)
Lynn

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 10:30PM
katybuggs

I had a corner sink for years and loved it. I didn't have a cabinet but a window. I was thinking of doing a corner sink in my new kitchen but it would be in the peninsula and I chickened out. This is not my kitchen but a photo of a corner sink with a bit of character

Bookmark   December 24, 2008 at 12:12PM
isabelscott

Any more corner sink picts? I am in quite a dilema

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Conestoga essence line or merrilat classic with upgrades
Has anyone worked with the Conestoga essence line cabinets?...
jgHG
How to view older (undamaged) Gardenweb threads in Google cache
I’m posting this to create a link to refer people...
mudhouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™