32" sink in a 33" cabinet?

momand3boysDecember 23, 2012

Ugh. I just realized that my current 36" sink base is going to become a 33" sink base. And I thought I had EVERYTHING figured out perfectly!! (with a slight smirk on my face)

My KD said that in order for me to have a 32" sink, he'll have to cut the sides of the cabinet for it to fit. He said that it's common. Is this true? Will it ruin the integrity of the sink base?

I'm a bit disappointed that I will have to shove all the same stuff into my smaller base now. What a dilemna... I hope this is my only issue... Really. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimandanne_mi

We did this on our previous remodel and for 2 sinks in our new home, and they all seem fine. The decades-old sink that we took out when doing our remodel was done this way in really cruddy old builder's grade particle board cabinets, and it held up fine. We used drop-in sinks, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Anne

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 1:54PM
cookncarpenter

It's quite common to have to cut down the side partitions for a new sink. Just only notch as much as is needed to accept the sink, you should be fine.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 2:12PM
greendesigns_gw

It's mostly fine, but the reality is that you will NEVER be able to change the sink out, and yes, it voids the warranty on your cabinets.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 2:45PM
jerzeegirl

I imagine it would void the warranty on just the sink cabinet, right?

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 2:59PM
rollie

I do 32 inch sinks in 33 inch bases everytime I need the extra room for one reason or another.

Doesnt void my cabinet warranty.. I tell the company I want "scooped sides" and they do it for me...

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Unsealed leathered Virginia Mist?
My Virginia Mist/Jet Mist counters are installed and...
juliedrew
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Silgranit vs. Kohler cast iron Smart Divide
I have always thought I would get a Silgranit sink....
kelleg69
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™