Cabinets to Go/Findley and Myers?

heidiaDecember 30, 2012

http://www.cabinetstogo.com/kitchen_cabinets.asp

Thoughts on these? Anyone use them? I am looking at the malibu white(so worried about paint chipping if that is an issue) and the montauk cherry, both findley and myers shaker profiles...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Crappy Chinese quality coupled with cheesy marketing that borders on the unethical.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 12:10PM
heidia

Hollysprings, can you elaborate? Especially on the unethical marketing?

Currently, my kitchen design is a mix of custom cabinetry, made in usa, and chinese cabinetry(river run).

The cost of the custom cabinetry is alot, and I am not even getting real ply frames-that is a big upgrade...

For cost, I will consider chinese cabs, but I would like the better brand-I know they will not be as nice as wood custom USA made, but compared to the chinese brands, I wonder where they fall?

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 12:43PM
tehias

We did our whole kitchen in the 'cherry' about 18 months ago and are very happy with our decision. The flat pack construction is really easy to assemble, way better than anything ikea sells. They are real wood construction have held up well. The in store prices are less than the website too.

A contractor friend did a kitchen in the 'malibu white' as well and has nothing but good things to say.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 1:05PM
heidia

Thank you Tehias!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 1:46PM
tehias

I will add that if you go for the 'cherry' there can be an added headache. The factory quality assurance is poor. You may receive some cabinet doors with blemishes or areas that were 'filled' with putty. You can just bring them back the doors and they will exchange them. I swapped a door or two out, and if I had gone over the rest of them more closely, may have swapped a few more.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™