Need opinions with open shelving finish selection! Fast!

chellamaralDecember 5, 2012

We took down a very non-functional microwave cabinet and carpenter coming tomorrow to install 3 wooden open shelves that will attach to the cabinet and angle around the corner and over to the adjacent edge of wall. Should the shelving finish be stained to match cabinets? Or should I paint them white like the trim work? What if I stained the brackets and painted shelving white or painted the brackets and stained the shelving?(something like the stairway finish in the back-ground)

The bottom shelf will line up to the second shelf of the existing cabinet and I am also adding white subway tile up to that point.
Please help me decide! All along I thought I was going for full white, but now I'm not sure how it will look next to the cherry cabinet! I will be displaying all white Fiestaware on them....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chellamaral

Yes, that hole will be covered and subway tiled along with that outlet being re-located.

Here is another pic of where white painted banquette seating is being built. There will be a small beverage area, re-purposing the microwave cabinet and a new cabinet for the beverage fridge. The countertop will be white marble and will also have 3 twelve foot open shelves above. Should these be the same finish as the open shelving in kitchen?

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™