Jenn Air

shar18December 13, 2013

We are suffering from sticker shock from Miele and Wolf products. Now considering a Jenn Air 30" convection, steam/convection combo and 36" range top. All comments good and bad much appreciated. Need to finalize soon.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Might as well get the Whirlpool products that are the same exact thing under the skin and avoid the markup for the name. You'll still be dealing with Whirltag's godawful customer service though.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 12:36PM
Roberta.Madison

hi shari18! I agree with livewire.. whirlpool products provide you with the same performance, at a lower cost than Jenn Air ones. If you're also looking for other options, there also is KitchenAid, They had this handsome freestanding range in BLACK, sometime ago. But it seems to have been discontinued. They still have a handful of convection ranges you can choose from though.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:05AM
silken1

Whirlpool also makes KitchenAid, just so you know. My friend bought a KitchenAid convection/induction range a year ago. it was a fairly new model on the market. She has had nothing but trouble with the oven part of it. It keeps quitting in the middle of baking about every 3 weeks. She has to trip the breaker to start it up again. It is not tripping the breaker, just doing that fixes the problem. Repairs have now been done 3 times to no avail and she has convinced the appliance place to take it away and let her buy a different brand with her refund. The appliance store says they are aware of 4 other customers with the same range, having the same problem.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 6:03PM
springroz

Yep, horrible experience here, too, with JA!

Nancy

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 10:01PM
silken1

sprinroz what problems are you having with your Jenn Air range? A friend of mine has a JA range about 3 years old. She just had the control panel replaced a week ago and something is still wrong. At times it works fine and the next time she is totally burning the bottom of buns and the tops are raw??? It's really hard to trouble shoot intermittent problems.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Sponsored Products
Joy Carpets Puzzled Kids Area Rug - 57-B
$129.99 | Hayneedle
Berg USA Buddy Pedal Go Kart - Orange - 24.20.60.00
$299.00 | Hayneedle
Tay Tay Chrome Four-Light Bath Fixture with Vanilla Matte Glass
$504.00 | Bellacor
Maison natural/blue linen placemats s/4
Origin Crafts
Maxi-Cosi Prezi Infant Car Seat - Envious Red - IC090BIY
$289.99 | Hayneedle