Oven glass after self cleaning looks horrible

ailene54December 10, 2012

I just cleaned my new Kenmore wall oven (for first time) the glass looks horrible, a white film on the bottom and top, along with the glass being streaked from moisture. I called Sears immediately, was shocked when I was told under my warrantee they will come to "clean" it 2 times a year. I feel there must be something wrong with the seal to allow this amount of moisture in. I didn't expect to take an extended warrantee on this, but now feel I may have to, if I want clean glass! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Javachik

Here's info from GW (long-running) thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning oven door glass

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 11:15AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ailene54

Thanks for the thread. I have a sears tech coming out to check the seal, but after reading this, think for sure it's a problem with the design. As much checking as I did before the purchase, I didn't know of this problem. Hopefully they will clean it,and I will be able to either see how they do it...or learn to live with it.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 12:01PM
More Discussions
Best type of rug to protect hardwood floors in kitchen?
I found an older thread which discusses choices of...
juliedrew
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™