Please HELP!!! Angled Power Strips-

chris82December 12, 2012

Can someone tell me the difference in the AP Series vs the TR series angled power strips besides the actual dimensions? I was about to order and now I am confused if I need the bulky TR series.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Another question I have is do most people run the angled power strip the length of thier cabinets or could I go with a shorter one and center it?

    Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 10:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not an expert here, but it looks like TR series are Tamper Resistant and according to their site "Tamper-Resistent Receptacles meet 2008 NEC code." So maybe checking with the building inspector to see if he/she requires tamper resistant outlets would be a place to start? Or your contractor if you're using one.

I ran mine the length of my cabinets, but again depending on your own needs for outlets, and/or your ability to meet code minimum distance to outlet from the particular part of the kitchen you're talking about you may be able to go shorter.

Guess this was all a very word way of saying, "It depends...."

    Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 3:58PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What Is The Real Question Being Asked To 'What is Timeless'
I see this question so often on this forum, and I wish...
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
Kitchen sink: Help me find the right one!
This should not be as hard as signing in and finding...
Alma Williams
How big of a range do you need for 13+ feet of wall?
We are narrowing down our kitchen design bit by bit,...
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
Sponsored Products
Montana Woodworks Glacier Country 4 Drawer Chest
Beyond Stores
Eden Dining Table
$3,999.00 | Horchow
ELK Lighting Crystals 10310/2 Wall Sconce - Black Chrome - 8W in. - 10310/2
$138.00 | Hayneedle
Zig-Zag Dining Table
| Italy Design
Americh Madison Oval 6042 Tub (60" x 42" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Refrax Stainless Steel One-Light Clear Spectra Crystal Pendant Light, 5W x 5H x
$372.00 | Bellacor
Poppy Silk Rug 7'9" x 9'9" - TAN/RED/GRAY
$1,999.00 | Horchow
Elk Lighting Bruntsfield Links Bookends - 87-2023
$62.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™