Ready to pull the trigger...almost

dcward89December 23, 2013

I have mostly lurked around here, posted a couple times since we started our kitchen remodel. We have decided that we are going to tackle this kitchen reno ourselves as much as possible with help from my DH's brother (who is a GC) and we will hire an electrician and HVAC guy for the things we can't do. We have decided on the layout. We have purchased the sink, faucet, range hood and range. We have decided on soapstone counters...absolutely can't wait for that!! We have decided we are going with Barker Cabinets, quarter sawn white oak in their Tamarack stained finish.

We have measured, re-measured and re re-measured...all 3 about 7 times!!! I have all the pieces and parts in my shopping cart on the Barker Cabinets website. They have been in my cart for a week and I just can't pull the trigger! It's not any hesitation about Barker as they have been my #1 choice from the very beginning and still are after countless visits to many different cabinet places.

HELP!!! Show me pics of your Barker Cabinets or tell me how much you love your new kitchen. Assure me that it will be worth all the money we are spending. Help me get over this paralysis and get these cabinets ordered!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Post your layout. Designing with frameless (or full overlay) requires attention to the clearances needed at walls and for appliances. If you don't have fillers there, it may not work.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 7:39AM
dcward89

I would love to post my layout but, and I feel stupid saying this, I can't figure out how to do it. I have tried several times but technology foils me again. If anyone has any tips, please share.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 8:33AM
live_wire_oak

Do you have a JPG of your layout? A scanner to convert a drawing to a JPG? A camera to take a picture and turn it into a JPG?

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 9:21AM
dcward89

I only have a pdf and a paper copy. I can try taking a pic of the paper copy...never thought of that.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 9:43AM
RChicago

Google "convert PDF to JPEG." There are websites that do it for free. You my lose a bit of resolution, but it should be better than taking a picture.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 5:09PM
KBSpider

Someone had posted this virtual planning tool a while back that you could try as well, if you're so inclined. I was able to put measurements from my Excel-based plan (I know, so very high tech) in very easily; and if I can do it, anyone can... :)

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: NKBA Virtual Planner

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 4:37PM
dcward89

KBSpider...thanks for the link...I've been playing with it all afternoon!

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Zinc countertop anyone?
Hi. I'm doing a new kitchen and I have a medium-sized...
halgreene
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Can you use IKEA base cabinets as wall cabinets?
Wanting something larger for over-the-fridge than their...
lookintomyeyes83
What wall oven under $2500 do you have and love?
What single wall oven <$2500 do you have and love?...
enzaenza
Sponsored Products
Twin 464TC Fitted Solid-Color Sheet - TUXEDO WHITE
$41.00 | Horchow
Seedling by thomaspaul Damask Brushed NickelFloor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Salle Hand-Forged Iron Pull
Signature Hardware
ElumX 15 in. Fluorescent Under Cabinet Light with Touch Less Sensor UFH-15
$24.97 | Home Depot
Serena & Lily Mini Newport Lounger
Serena & Lily