Corningware and Lids

olivertwistkitchenDecember 10, 2012

So I will have drawers for my pots/pans and probably a separate shallower drawer for the lids.

But what about corningware bowls?
These will be in an upper cabinet. Can anyone post pictures of an organizational system to store these glass lids in an upper?

Right now I have something like this
http://www.amazon.com/Schulte-2313061411-Lid-Organizer-White/dp/B003I5J186/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355116216&sr=8-1&keywords=lid+organizer
It's functional, just wondering if I can "upgrade" in the reno.

Thanks.

This post was edited by olivertwist on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 0:13

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springroz

Are the Corningware dishes sitting on their bottoms or on theor sides?

If they are on their bottoms, I would put the lids upside down on the dish, then stack the next one on top.

I don't know if I would put glass lids vertically in an upper. In MY house, they would fall on me!! On edge in a lower with dividers would be best, IMO.

Nancy

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 8:26AM
debrak_2008

I'm still organizing my kitchen but right now I have my casserole dishes in a drawer not stacked as I have enough room.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 9:01AM
breezygirl

I agree with Nancy. I stack the few I have with lids upside down. Those lid organizers have always seemed like a fussy mess waiting to tangle up. I'd probably have the whole thing yanked out each time I tried to get a lid as I'm always in a hurry. Plus, they seem to take up a lot of space. Just my two pennies! And I tend not to go for lots of gadgety things so take that for what it's worth.

This post was edited by breezygirl on Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 3:24

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 12:51PM
olivertwistkitchen

Hmm. Maybe I just have too much corningware? I have 4 separate stacks of bowls where they're all nesting, so that's why I can't store the lids with them.

1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 1:48PM
theresa2

I have lots of Corningware. For the everyday pieces, I do as was mentioned. I turn the glass lid upside down and stack another bowl on top of the overturned lid. There are some pieces that I rarely use, so those get stored in a cabinet that is less accessible. I do the same with my pots and pans. It just seems more organized and easier overall. The only thing I keep separate are plastic Corningware lids and clear bowls; I stack them separately.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 2:24PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

I wouldn't put them in an upper. I'd put them in a deep drawer, with an interior pull out drawer above it tha theld the lids.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Why are my granite edges lighter than the top?
Perhaps some of you recall my ordeal with my kitchen...
pumpkinhouse
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Marmoleum - Who has it, who loves it, and would you do it again?
I am narrowing down flooring choices for my small kitchen...
cluelessincolorado
Do upper super Susan shelves obstruct view?
The 42" tall upper corner cabinet was drilled...
tea4all
Sponsored Products
Corningware French White 16-Piece Set
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™