Offset Faucet with offset sink?

Mugsy42November 19, 2012

Based on the fabulous advice of my KD and the GW community, I am going with the Blanco Silgranit Super Single Bowl sink in Cafe Brown with the offset drain. It will be under mounted in my Delacatus White granite with the Hansgrohe Talis C faucet in Optik Steel.

The granite guys are coming on Wednesday. Should I have the faucet offset to be above the drain? I don't care too much how it looks. More concerned with function. I will also be adding a garbage disposal if that matters.

Thanks for your help.

Mugsy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poohpup

I have a 36" single with a right rear drain and my faucet is centered. I don't think you need to have the faucet over the drain. When I turn my faucet to the side, it hits the drain but I really don't find any reason that it needs to. It functions perfectly centered where I can reach the entire sink. I think you'll be happy with it centered on the sink.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 1:58AM
ak0402

I have a rectangular sink with drain offset to the rear-right, a garbage disposal, and my faucet is centered behind the sink. The faucet swivels directly over the offset drain when I need it to. Although you said you didn't care how it looks, I think it would look odd if you did not have the faucet installed in the center. Plus, if you installed the faucet in an offset position, I am not sure that it would hit directly over the offset drain anyway.

BTW, you'll love your offset drain. It seems like a minor feature, but it's so useful. I'll never have another kitchen sink without one.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 8:25AM
torontotim

Center it on the counter cutout (i.e. the entire sink). Aside from looking better, if you ever replace the sink, you won't have to be concerned with where the divider lines up etc.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™