A piano in the kitchen? Want one?

CEFreemanNovember 14, 2012

Ok, it's a reach, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I have an antique piano. An upright with lovely carvings. I don't know about the soundboard, but I think it's OK. It even has two stools with needlepoint seats. Early 1900s, I think.

If you're in the DC area and could use this, or would want it, LMK. It's yours. Just gotta come get it.

Imagine how nice it would look next to an island prep sink? The family could serenade you while you prepare a gourmet meal. Then you could all stand around, drink eggnog, and sing Christmas caroles!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amck2

With open floor plans I bet there are a lot of people, like me, who essentially have a piano in the kitchen. I'm typing this from my kitchen island, and our upright is about 12 feet away in the family room area. When DS visits around the holidays, I am indeed graced with a live performance of carols while I bake the Christmas cookies.

Hope the piano finds a good home. I love an old upright!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 7:47AM
purplepansies

Since seeing your post this am, I keep coming back to it. I'm just outside Baltimore, but have no idea how I could possibly transport it. . . Hmmmmm. My 9 year old has been taking lessons for a little over a year now, and she uses an electronic keyboard to practice. An actual piano would be nice. . .

Any possibility of posting a photo?

Lisa

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:31AM
CEFreeman

Lisa, I'll try.
I only have a cell phone and it's dark-ish in there.
I really have no idea what condition it's in, other than it's pretty, it's dusty, and it needs a good home. If anything and at the least, you'd probably have to have it tuned.

If you have a piano person, they're welcome to come by and look at it. Who knows!? It might even be a valuable antique.

C.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 12:02AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™