please post your inset cabinets with bead

susanlynn2012November 9, 2013

Please post pictures of your inset cabinets WITH BEAD. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynn2012

I loved all the inset cabinets without the bead but if I do go with Shiloh their beaded inset is the same price as the inset without the bead just as their glaze is free. I prefer no glaze so I am skipping this but would I like the bead?

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 11:13AM
aries61

Bumping for Lynn. Posting over the weekend have a tendency to get lost pretty far down the posts.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:57PM
Gooster

Giving her another bump. She's seen my pics, so I'll not bother repeating.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 3:53PM
michelle16

picture with bead

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 4:59PM
michelle16

up close of bead

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 5:01PM
susanlynn2012

Thank you everyone! The bead is very pretty adding a little extra to the drawers. I love the drawers with the bead and without the bead. But maybe if it is free, I would want it. Thank you Michelle for the close up for the drawers. Michelle, your kitchen is gorgeous!

Thank you Aries61 for bumping up the thread.

Thank you Gooster for bumping up the thread and reminding me that your kitchen also had the beaded inset that I loved.

Anymore pictures? Thank you everyone for your help and for anyone else that has some close-ups of their drawers or to refer me to a link to their kitchens. I really love the look of inset cabinets.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 5:46PM
belle_va

Hang tight Lynn. I am so close to being finished. I will try to snap a couple of photos tomorrow when I have daylight. Here's a drawer stack with extended stile "in process" from early days. I absolutely love the bead but it is certainly a dressier look than a normal inset.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:26PM
susanlynn2012

Belle_va, I love your cabinet door! I do love the Bead in that it dresses up the door but still has that shaker look I love in the inset style cabinet. Which brand is your doors and which white did you choose as it is very pretty.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:34PM
belle_va

Hi Lynn,
I just snapped a few more with my phone. Let's see if they come out okay. The close up on the back of the peninsula really shows a lot of bead... the lighting is dim and the color is washed out but you get some idea of the bead. I'll do glamor shots when it is all done.

Here's that drawer stack installed

Tile is not grouted yet

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:50PM
belle_va

Lynn- I ended up using a local custom cabinet-maker. The paint color is White Dove. (Matched in whatever spray varnish the shop uses.) I looked at Shiloh and thought they had lovely cabinets and an especially nice selection of whites. I really loved the KD that carried Shiloh (she also carried Crystal) (I also looked at Crystal,Plain and Fancy & Crown Point) I am sure I would have been happy with any of those companies- totally happy... For me here were the pros and cons for local vs factory: Pro: We have a 100 year old house and it turned about to be absolutely invaluable to have the cabinet maker right here. He was able to run back to the shop to make small adjustments. I was able to have a really collaborative relationship with him. (I am sure he LOVED my daily emails agonizing over 1/8th inches!) There are almost no seams- all straight runs have a single face frame. I believe most of the companies I listed above can combine cabinets but for something like my peninsula which is 8 feet long, I don't know how practical it would have been to ship that way. Cons: I am pretty sure the paint finish from any of the cabinet companies listed above is superior and paint finish was really important to me. I am pretty sure I compromised there.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 9:01PM
susanlynn2012

Belle_Va- I love the bead! Your cabinets are beautiful and I love the white chosen! Your cabinet maker did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for sharing.

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 9:31PM
susanlynn2012

Belle_Va, looking at your doors again, I know I want the bead as I love the slightly dressier look that makes my heart sing. Thank you for sharing. I also fell in love with Michelle's beaded door, Gooster's beaded door, and so many inset kitchen with and without the bead.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 12:09AM
aries61

belle_va, did you post a final reveal?

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 8:47AM
CEFreeman

Oh, I love beaded inset cabinets. They make me go oooOOoooooo. It's ridiculous how much they speak to me. To the point I've pulled out cabinets and given them away when I find a beaded cabinet at the reuse centers.

These days, frequently the bead is not extra. Shop around. It's becoming such a popular detail, it's also become a competitive detail.

Oh - and if anyone wants to get rid of there's because they're so traditional? Do mention it to me. I'll come take them down for you. Of course, anything in them becomes mine, too, but that's negotiable.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 11:39AM
belle_va

i have not *yet* posted a reveal. i am plagued- like so many before me- with those tiny few last details that i just can't get done. i somehow lost steam. i lost motivation. i lost inspiration. my heart just hasn't been in it lately.but one of these days... i'll get it finished and a reveal posted!

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 5:42PM
mdln

disclaimer: not my cabs (yet) - pics from my KD showroom

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 7:07PM
AGK2003

mdln, who makes those cabinets? they look lovely.

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 9:29AM
amh615

AGL2003, don't quote me on it, but I am almost positive the cabinets she shows above from the KD are Shiloh. I recognize their catalog which is resting on the counter. We ordered Shiloh Beaded Inset Polar White, but they are not yet installed....Renovation starts this week!

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:11PM
mdln

@ AGK2003 - I am so very SORRY I missed your post.

@ amh615 - you are correct. BTW - I am also getting Polar White, in memory of the polar winter we are having in Chgo. :-)

They are Shiloh beaded inset, aspen door style, in soft white.

This post was edited by mdln on Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 21:35

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:32PM
soonermagicmama

Here is my kitchen with beaded inset

More detail:

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:36PM
susanlynn2012

The cabinets are gorgeous! I really love the beaded inset look. Thank you everyone for sharing and for those that told us the white painted color used, thank you.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:40PM
mdln

@ SoonerMagicMama - beautiful kitchen!

What color is your grout? I really like it.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:42PM
soonermagicmama

My kitchen is 7 years old and I don't remember details like grout color! We're contemplating a move into a space that would require a major renovation ... so I'm back to Gardenweb trying to get some ideas! At the time that we were building, I obsessed over the grout color; it's some sort of light gray.

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:59PM
2LittleFishies

I didn't get to read all of this but I went back and forth for a long time on bead/no bead.

Thrilled I didn't get the bead for cleaning reasons. Also, I really don't miss seeing one either...

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 10:04PM
mdln

@ SoonerMagicMama - obviously obsessing over your grout color paid off, it looks great.

Can't believe your kitchen is 7 years old, also looks great!

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 10:47PM
aries61

mdln, curious the showroom that you took pictures of the Shiloh display in Crystal Lake?

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 11:04PM
mdln

@ aries61 - yes, it was. Any reason for asking?

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 12:34AM
aries61

mdln, Yes, I thought that I remember seeing the display and was trying to remember where I saw it. There are a lot more Shiloh dealers in the Chicago area now then was several years ago.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 7:43AM
mdln

While I did not end up purchasing them at that location, I can highly recommend Greg. He was a pleasure to work with.

Do you have or are you getting Shiloh?

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 8:24PM
aries61

I was thinking about getting them, but leaning toward Conestoga now.

Shiloh does make a nice cabinet. I did get some aggressive pricing from a few dealers.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 8:29PM
mdln

@ aries61, I considered 5 different Shiloh dealers, all very close in price except for one who was 18% less. Please let me know if you change back to Shiloh and want more info.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 12:56AM
aries61

mdln, Thanks I'll keep the offer in mind if I change my mind.

The two places that I found that had the best prices were in Gurnee and Pingree Grove.

You'll have to post pictures when you get them installed.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint your
What color and share photos if you would be so kind.....
owataqt
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Delta arctic stainless faucet with Kraus ss sink
We are planning to buy a Krauss ss 30" or 32"...
poppy3212
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™