brand new cabinets got damaged :(

lilymilaNovember 1, 2012

I had ucl installed today by an electrician. I got quotes from two different electricians and the price were pretty much the same. I choose this guy because he said he installed environmental lights before and now after he left, I noticed that two of my cabinet doors had significant scratches. Of course, I already paid him in full after he finished the work, but I didn't notice the scratch until now. I suspect it was from the tools that he wore around his waist. This is my very first remodeling. What should I do now? Will his insurance cover this? What if he refuse to acknowledge that it was his fault? My cabinet installer also made a couple of small scratches on the side, but these new scratches are deep and right on the cabinet doors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rafor

Yes his insurance should cover this. We had an electrician once whose helper drilled a hole in the wrong place and put a hole through the baseboard to the outside. Ooops! The electrician called in a woodworker and he patched both sides and matched the paint too.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™