Request for opinion on kitchen layout
We are in the process of developing floor plans for our new build. We plan to have human kids in a few years, but in the meantime we are very happy with our dogs. We entertain occasionally, and cook meals 3-4 days a week.
Criteria for the kitchen layout:
- Must accomodate 2 cooks occasionally;
- Sit-down kitchen table must be integrated in the design (although it may be relocated within the family room area).
- Seating at the island could be eliminated;
- Door to patio and opening from the entry hall cannot be moved;
- The placement of door to the mud/dog room could be changed, but we want kitchen > mud room > outside & garage;
- The garage wing can be moved, but must remain somewhat set back compared to the main building when viewed from the street;
- The kitchen window faces south;
- Range could be 36'' or 48''. We like the functionality and look of the 48'' range, but understand that a 36'' would fulfill our needs 95% of the time; and
- We are big, big fans of symmetry and nice sightlines.
Thank you in advance. All comments are appreciated.
Here is the kitchen layout:
The entire layout can be found in the following thread: