Matching finishes?

jillies01November 26, 2012

Hello,
As i start down the road of looking into changing my cabinet colors - I was starting to think about changing my knobs and pulls out too. here is the question -- are your knobs/pulls the same finish as your faucet? What about the light fixture? If I have a chandelier over the breakfast table (about 2 feet from the island) should it match the same finish as the knobs?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springroz

None of mine match......my knobs and pulls are antique brass, faucet is chrome, appliances are stainless. WHEN I get the lights put up, they will be dark, and the light fixture oner the dining table is a wierd beige-y bronze color with linen shades.

Nancy

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 10:14PM
palimpsest

I would say generally, no. The light fixture stands on its own, and the faucet does not have to match the cabinet hardware.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 10:25PM
marti8a

springroz, I'm so glad to hear you say that. I have the same variety in my kitchen and was wondering how the chandelier will look if it is yet another color.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 10:51PM
a2gemini

I matched my pills to my faucet so it would not be lonely.
The appliances are SS, pulls are antique brass and lights are yet another color.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 5:23AM
sandra_zone6

I have stainless appliances, a stainless faucet and used weathered nickle for the pulls, cup pulls and knobs I used so the kitchen stuff appears similar even though it is different - not an exact match but ties in to each other. Lighting is a whole nother creature. My door knobs for the rest of the area are ORB as they are throughout the rest of the house. To me the kitchen is separate so I did not bother to match the house, only what is in the kitchen.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 7:48AM
springroz

Marti8a, I think it works! Y'all can judge that for yourselves when I FINALLY get to post a reveal. My BS is supposed to be in this week, and then we only have to hang the hood, and have the cans installed. MAYBE later next week!!

My entire home is "collected", so that may have a bearing on how the different finishes come together.

I also forgot that my work table has old, black, frilly cup pulls on it , too.

MOST definitely NOT a contemporary space!!

Nancy

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Layout opinions
Hi, due to some plan changes (for expense reasons)...
sfstanek1
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™