Just want a simple undermount cast iron sink!

jenniestoweNovember 14, 2012

I'm getting desperate. We're in the middle of a kitchen renovation and I've been looking for a sink for a while. After much research I've concluded that i want just a simple, single-bowl, undermount, cast iron sink. The problem is that I can't really find any out there! I think the main problem seems to be that all of the single-bowl undermount cast iron sinks seems to come with holes for the faucet, but we probably want to mount the faucet on the backsplash wall. The pictures that are shown of these sinks installed don't show the actualy holes -- the holes seem to be underneath the counter as well. I guess first of all I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sink without precut holes? And second, whether we could just ignore those holes and mount the faucet on the wall anyway?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theultimatebikerchic

My Kohler undermount did not have precut holes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler cast iron sinks

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:18PM
1929Spanish

Our Ceco sink did not have holes. Try the Ceco 754-UM at www Ceco.com.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:24PM
Angie_DIY

Yes, you may ignore the holes. They will be covered by the countertop!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 12:39AM
breezygirl

Since you're undermounting, ignore the faucet cut outs. Put the faucet wherever you want it. That should make your choice easier.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 1:59AM
MizLizzie

I have the Kohler Lakefield cast iron undermount which I love more than anything in my kitchen. One huge bowl, and one small sidebowl which we use to drain washed fruit and the occasional dish. You can use some of the holes, or just ignore them. Ours had 4 or 5, and we drilled out 3 during install.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 10:19AM
gr8daygw

I have the Kohler Lakefield and you can definitely just ignore all the holes. There are 5 of them but we only used one of them, you would never know the others are there as they are covered by the granite. Here is my beautiful sink that I love so much : ) ~holes completely covered

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 10:59AM
gr8daygw

If you end up going with this sink, notice that it has a decorative reveal and you can either have it show or not, it is sort of a waterfall edge. I have it revealed just a little on ours. It has a nice very slight curve to the back you can see in this picture. This sink weighs about 120 lbs. Be sure they support it with wood supports underneath so it won't pull away from the granite. Our installers did that but did a poor job and so my engineer husband went in and did them all over again. He usually re-does everything contractors do, lol. HTH.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:09AM
jenniestowe

Thanks, everyone, for the info and suggestions!

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 12:36AM
jerzeegirl

Have you look at the Kohler Bakersfield? It can either be a drop in or an undermount. It's a beautiful sink! I had it in my previous kitchen.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
2LittleFishies Yellow Kitchen Reveal !!! LONG!
OK, here is my finished yellow kitchen thread! Can't...
2LittleFishies
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™