paint question for white marble/quarzite kitchens

athenabNovember 14, 2012

I wish I had pictures to post, but I have nothing. Demo is starting on November 26th. The custom, shaker cabinets will be white dove. The marble is Carrara Statuarietto. It is a cheaper version of Statuary marble. It's definitely white with light and dark gray veining.

Anyway, the easy paint choice would be a greige. However, the kitchen opens to the family room which is painted an olive-tan and has olive/green and reds in the furniture. So, I'm worried about the greige being a completely wrong palette. Cold instead of warm. I have been thinking about a more vivid green, such as BM Mountain Lane or Louisberg Green. They want to paint before installing the cabinets of course. There won't be a lot of wall space, but it does go almost right up to the family room wall.

Thanks for any suggestions and again, so sorry that I have nothing to show you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
casaloma

Revere Pewter? Looks great with Calacatta, but maybe too much beige for the greyer Carrara. Not cold at all. Stonington gray usually looks good with Carrara, but has a definite bluish undertone. Fieldstone is a popular darker grey with white marbles and may bridge the gap from green to blue/gray. HTH

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 10:50PM
athenab

Casaloma, I was wondering about Revere Pewter, but again, thought it might be too gray for the olive. I have not seen Fieldstone. I will check that one out. But, can you put a gray next to an olive? I guess that's my dilemma.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 10:56PM
michelle16

edgecomb gray looks beige in the light. changes with the light, between gray and beige, it's light though.this is a shot of wall color with white dove cabinet color as well.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:58AM
michelle16

another shot of it more lit up

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:59AM
athenab

Michelle16, I was actually thinking about reaching out to you because I had seen your gorgeous kitchen pictures and noticed that your kitchen also opened up to a tan/green family room. So, I gather then that you're happy with the Edgecomb?

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 10:05AM
gr8daygw

Your kitchen is beautiful! Love everything about it!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:12AM
nycbluedevil

I love, love, love your kitchen. It is just gorgeous. The counters, the inset cabinets, the countertop cabinets, the window down to the counter, your "sink jewelry" are all exquisite.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:23AM
nycbluedevil

I love, love, love your kitchen. It is just gorgeous. The counters, the inset cabinets, the countertop cabinets, the window down to the counter, your "sink jewelry" are all exquisite.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:24AM
go_figure01

I am so glad you posted ! Michelle16, I have some questions for you too. I dont want to hone in on this thread though. Can I email you???

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:37AM
michelle16

Hi, sorry i missed this, athenab- yes very happy with the edgecomb. Go figure- my email is lmaira@comcast.net, would love to help if I can, Michelle

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
CBP fusion pro grout (what is the correct color to use here?)
Hi, I ordered light quartzite tiles in 8'' x 24'' ...
ezpond
What could cause this cracking?
Hi all, I purchased white painted cabinets from a mid-range...
sstrazisar
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™