Caesarstone Calacatta

agk2003November 12, 2013

Has anyone seen a sample of the caesarstone calacatta classic? The AU site says it's coming out in early 2014. Was wondering about this since i've pretty much come to terms that I am a super messy cook and can't do any natural marbles.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherri1058

I'm keeping my eye on this as well... haven't seen any samples yet, but it looks promising.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 9:37PM
pdx7700

Since my remodel is taking so long....that might work for me! Marking for more information.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 11:57PM
gothaml

I am curious too, if it looks pixilated I will pass on it, but it looks like it could have potential!

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 10:29AM
robo (z6a)

I was just out looking at a slab of Alpine Mist from the same collection and although it doesn't look like any marble I've seen (although I haven't hung around stoneyards), it looks amazing. Almost translucent in a way that doesn't come through in the small samples and the veining is really nice on the slab. I am looking forward to seeing the Calacatta.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 9:13PM
agk2003

supposedly samples of calacatta from caesarstone will be available in july 2014 in australia. anyone have any updates or insight as to when they'll get to the US?

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 9:21AM
cani

I was at cesarstone yesterday to look at slabs. You can't just walk around in there, you have to make an appointment and they put the slabs you want to see in a display area. As it turns out they had some slabs already set up from some showing for ceasarstone upper echelon they had that morning. There were two slabs there that looked like a calacatta and I asked about them and the rep said she hadn't seen them before. A while later I asked about them again and she gave me the strangest explanation. She said those were mistakes, that they would be scrapped. She tried to make it sound like they were misty carrera (can't remember which one she said) or London grey and they were messed up. I pointed out that there were two identical slabs (how do you mess up two with the identical pattern). So when I read this post that a new one was coming out, it seems like that is what I most likely saw. Now after all that build up you probably want to know what they looked like. I don't have a clue because that viewing area was so dark you couldn't make out shades of anything. It was in a dark area of the warehouse and they had the warehouse doors open on the other end which I think made it even worse. I went to look at London gray and could barely make out the color or pattern on it because it was so dark and shadowy in there. From what I did see, the veining in the pattern area looked good, but I'm not so sure that I liked the pattern of the calacutta on the slab. Now I'm anxious for it to come out to see if that is it.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 12:40PM
pdx7700

That is really interesting cani. Can I ask which location you went to? I was thinking about going to the location closest to me to look at slabs, but it is 3 hours away. I would hate to make that trip if the viewing was poor.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 1:03PM
cani

Rebecca, I'm in Southern California and went to the one on penrose ave in sun valley. If you live in the area I can give you contact info and the address. I found it by accident because I went to arizona tile which is right next door. Last weekend I went to the silestone place in Anaheim.

While I was there the warehouse employees were busy so couldn't move the slabs for me. Maybe I just picked the wrong time to go.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 2:56PM
pdx7700

I'm in the Pacific NW - I think they have a Seattle location. But I'm glad you posted about your experience, because now I need to explore if it is worth my time to go there.

Thanks!

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 3:37PM
cani

For me it would be worth the trip because I'm the type of person that needs to see it. Looking at the small samples does not give me any idea of what the whole slab looks like, but that is just me. Some of the ones I thought I liked were too busy when seeing the whole slab. The London gray looks better than I thought (what I could see of it). But doing a 3 hour trip just for that purpose is a lot.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 3:57PM
nadianyc

Pental Quartz makes a calacatta. I saw it today on a beautiful waterfall island at the A&D Building in NYC. It's stunning--on a white background with thick and dramatic gold and gray veining.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 7:41AM
Gooster

Attached is a pic of the Pental Calacatta Gold (from their website). It looks great, although the banding pattern I think is a bit too solid -- I think I'd like to see a vein end somewhere in the slab vs. the all over effect. It is definitely looking like the gold variant.

This post was edited by gooster on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 11:20

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 11:13AM
catladyk

If anyone is interested, here is a picture of Caesarstone's Calacatta Nuvo Slab:

Bookmark   September 7, 2014 at 2:22PM
catladyk

And here is the Calacatta Nuvo slab next to the London Grey slab:

Bookmark   September 7, 2014 at 2:29PM
nadianyc

It looks very nice!! Unfortunately, I suspect we'll be waiting for awhile to see it in the States.

Bookmark   September 8, 2014 at 8:09AM
catladyk

It is in the States--at least in CA! These pics are from the Sun Valley, CA warehouse (on Penrose St). They were in stock when I visited the warehouse. Here is a picture of the sample they had in the warehouse. The calacatta is on the left, frosty carirna on the right and Silestone helix on top.

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 5:46PM
lisa_a

It's in the Portland area, too. EleMar in Tualatin just received a slab of it. They don't have samples yet but expect to get them soon.

It's gorgeous!! I like it *much* better than PentalQuartz' version of Calacatta. You know it's not the real thing but I think CS pattern looks less fake.

The other thing I like is that it's gray, not beige or greige, but gray. Gray is such a hot trend right now and I've been so surprised that so many of the marble mimics don't pair as well with gray as real marble does. IMO, of course.

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 9:03PM
catladyk

Here's a close-up of the actual slab, not the sample. We were told that these run $2,000 per slab.

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 9:30PM
lisa_a

$2K per slab?!?! Gulp!

Bookmark   September 14, 2014 at 12:51AM
nadianyc

I agree with you, Lisa. the Caesarstone is much nicer than the Pental with the grey veining. The background is a nice creamy white, it appears. How does this 2k price per slab compare with say, the Frosty Carrina?

Bookmark   September 14, 2014 at 9:26AM
lisa_a

I haven't priced that one, only PQ Carrara. My fabricator gave me a quote for material (1 slab each, quartz and leathered granite) and fabrication all together but looking back at another quote, I think the costs for the quartz with fabrication is about $2500. I've no idea what fabrication costs so it's hard to judge how much more expensive per slab the CS Calacatta is but it's a pretty good bet that I'm paying more than $500 for fabrication.

I hope to get a quote for the Calacatta early this week so I'll have a better idea just how much of a "gulp" it really is.

Bookmark   September 14, 2014 at 2:14PM
nadianyc

Thanks Lisa, definitely post your findings. Calling a large local fabricator today--hoping they have a slab in stock that I can take a look at.

Bookmark   September 15, 2014 at 8:08AM
susanlynn2012

I love all three of these and appreciate the pictures! Please do share more. I will be ordering samples when they come in as they are out of them to compare with the Marble and the Quartzite.

Bookmark   September 15, 2014 at 11:33AM
sjhockeyfan325

In December we paid $1900 for TWO slabs of Ceasarstone organic white, but fabrication was waaaay more than $500.

Bookmark   September 15, 2014 at 12:11PM
catladyk

Ok, so I just asked for a price on the Frosty Carrina slab for comparison & they told me $1,210 + tax.

Bookmark   September 17, 2014 at 5:58PM
lisa_a

We decided against the Calacatta so I didn't pursue getting a quote, sorry, nadianyc. Best of luck in your counter top search!

Bookmark   September 17, 2014 at 6:53PM
nadianyc

Any latest pics or pricing on the new Caesarstone Calacatta? I haven't been able to see it yet as the nearest stone fabricator in NYC doesn't have it in stock. Anyone in the tri-state know where I can see a sample?

Bookmark   September 24, 2014 at 3:13PM
renragnire

Today in Toronto, Canada I received a quote for about 56 sq. ft. of caesarstone incl supply and install, sink cutout, drill holes and they mount the sink. Quite the premium for Calcatta

Material: Caesarstone #5131 Calcatta Nuvo , Quartz 2cm thk.
Edge: Double square edge
Backsplash: No
Cost: $6,860 + HST

Material: Caesarstone #5000, London Grey, Quartz 2cm thk.
Edge: Double square edge
Backsplash: No
Cost: $4,900 + HST

Bookmark   October 9, 2014 at 3:13PM
susanlynn2012

So the Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo that I love in the pictures is almost $2,000 more than their Caesarstone London Grey! How sad that they are pricing their new counters so high.

If anyone does get this counter, I would like to see a picture in their kitchen with one of the picutres a close-up.

Bookmark   October 9, 2014 at 3:46PM
duffydawg

Lynn: What do you expect Caesarstone to do? The market will clearly bare this price. Marble is also very expensive - if not more so! The Ceasarstone is much better in wear and tear with no etching! Also for fabricators it is way less likely to crack.

Bookmark   November 3, 2014 at 10:13PM
susanlynn2012

Thank you duffydawg for reminding me that the product just came out and people are willing to pay for it so they will keep the price up there. I do like how it will have no etching and be better in wear. I do need to see it in person. Very pretty sample.

Bookmark   November 3, 2014 at 10:55PM
CourtneeV3

I saw a slab of this at OHM in Columbus Ohio. Its beautiful! Everything I was/am looking for. However-- the price with fabrication is $130 a square foot and it's only available in 1cm So you have to pay additional for thicker edges. For my island alone it would have been over $7,000!!! My island is 60" wide though and the slab is only 56" wide... Not meant to be for me ð¢

Bookmark   November 12, 2014 at 8:39PM
catladyk

I have really appreciated all the info I have found on this forum! I hope this can help others. Here are a couple of pics of the Caesarstone Calacatta installed in my kitchen (which is still in a very rough state of renovation).

1 Like    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 6:23PM
catladyk

Another pic

1 Like    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 6:26PM
msrose

It looks great and you found the perfect backsplash to go with it!

Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 6:41PM
3ilovepie

I am really liking the ceaserstone Calcutta for our kitchen. Let's see if we can budget it in!

Our island is about 9' x 3'6" and then we have an L shaped counter for our rangetop with ovens on the end of the long side and refrigerator freezer on end of short side.... And we are doing white cabinets with island in a walnut (or other dark) stain.

Would we be best using all the same ceaserstone?

Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 9:32PM
catladyk

Thanks mrose, I have been agonizing over every little detail & it feels great to have someone validate my choices!

ilovepie: I also have an L shaped counter with my rangetop on the end of the long side with white cabinets. I do love my counters but they've just been installed, so I'm in the honeymoon phase. I do not have an island, just the peninsula (as pictured). With a 9' island, you won't have a single slab with Caesarstone, if that is a concern. What I've learned on this forum is that you can do just about anything, just believe in your vision.

Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 10:43PM
ainelane

CrazyCatLadyK - Thanks for sharing your Caesarstone pics! It's always helpful to see a slab actually installed. I can really get a better idea of the scale of the pattern now.
I'd love to see a daytime photo if you get a chance sometime.

Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 2:00PM
twobelles

CrazyCatLadyK-beautiful choices together. I absolutely love your backsplash! Totally different than what I'm picking, but just had to chime in!

Enjoy!

Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 2:08PM
Julia Rupp

@CrazyCatLady-that is backsplash I'm looking for-I saw it on a house done by Milton Development. They showed it with a dark top (soapstone?) I was thinking soapstone, but now think maybe something lighter on the perimeter would look nicer, but keeping with soapstone on the island. I like this top, and am looking at Silestone LG and trying to find a sample of Cambria Torquay. Where did you find this mosaic, if I can ask?

Bookmark   February 21, 2015 at 8:41AM
Alba Gross

FYI, IKEA now sells Caeserstone Calacatta Nuvo. Here it BC, Canada we got our kitchen counters & a 6' x 4' counter quoted. Total including tax was $4,250. Hundreds cheaper than anywhere else we checked for Calacatta. I'm pretty sure we'll be ordering ours for installation soon (we have to wait for a window to be installed) but still going bonkers on the backsplash. I found a very cool 15.5" x 2.5" white porcelain Italian tile that has a bit of a wave in the surface & edges - it creates lots of light refraction. May be what we use for our backsplash (and we have espresso cabinets).

Bookmark   March 7, 2015 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
Why are my granite edges lighter than the top?
Perhaps some of you recall my ordeal with my kitchen...
pumpkinhouse
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Sponsored Products
Scroll Calacatta and Lady Gray Marble Tile
$68.95 | TileBar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™