Back with revised layout
Hi, I posted a few weeks back for layout help. Working off bmorepanics concept (moving DR door to current pantry and closing off garden door), here is what I have come up with. Am I going in the right direction? Any feedback appreciated!
- improve flow for family of 5 using kitchen
- increase counter space
- open kitchen to family room
- need seating for at least 5
- need a desk area for me/kids to use laptop, pay bills, etc.
- Island with angled seating, that I love, borrowed from laur66. The dimensions are similar, except I need to fit in one more seat. (Maybe not a pro, but a like)
- Space for desk and overall more storage than any other layout I have fiddled with.
- No prep sink
- Sink/prep area visible from front door
- Sink not centred on window (but I need to raise windows anyway, so may be able to address this)
- Cannot squish grandma/grandpa or school friends into island seating (table more flexible)
- Squashed cooktop area, with a lot going on. Dont know where to put microwave.
Inspiration (laur66, love your kitchen!) laur66 island dimenions: Length is 80", widest part is 49" and narrowest part is 30". Each stool side is 21", except the side that angles to the straight part is 28".