Price for soapstone counters

nursecynthiaNovember 22, 2013

I've been quoted $77/sq ft including installation, is this reasonable? I'm having a hard time finding soapstone fabricators in the Cleveland area so I haven't been able to shop around much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
opphop

Yes, that sounds reasonable because the prices here in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh have been $92 - $100/sq ft. We are fortunate in our area to have a fabricator who buys Alberne ss from Virginia and I just signed a contract for our counter top with them after shopping for a couple months. Two other fabricators in our area buy Brazilian ss so we had several viable choices in our selection process.
I would not go with the lowest price, though, if the fabricator is not well-versed in ss installation.

Bookmark   November 22, 2013 at 7:51PM
needinfo1

Yes, be sure to get someone who is experienced with soapstone. We installed ss counters about the same time our son and DIL did. They were stuck with the fabricator their contractor used, and from their results, it seems evident that they were typically granite installers. My installer does ss quite frequently, and did a beautiful job.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 11:10AM
southboundtrain

Sounds like a good price to me. I've been quoted $90/sq ft. The surprise to me is what "installation" doesn't cover--installing sink, faucet, disposal, disconnecting dishwasher, if needed, removing old countertops. I found that these extra, but necessary services quickly add up to $1000 or more.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
Review of Hanssem Cabinets
Has anyone used Hanssem cabinets? How is their quality?...
kodak1
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Cabinets and remodeling
Hi, I'm planing to remodel my kitchen pretty soon....
Reben
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™