Residual Water in Sinks?

CT_NewbieNovember 5, 2013

Just wondering if it is normal to have some residual water in the sinks. I'm not talking about right around the drain. There are some large pools 2-3 inches from the drain toward the left of the farm sink. Is this a function of being hand made?

Also, there are two pools closer to the front of the Elkay sink maybe 3-4 inches away from the center. The faucets just got installed so it's not as if we could check when the sinks were installed. There's no obvious grading to my house but is there a subtle one? Or is that just the way sinks are. I don't recall this problem at my old house but I'll check.

To compound the problem, I like to use sink grates so it's not as if it will be easy to clear the bottom of the sink with a sponge because each time I will have to lift the sink grates.

What, if any, solution exists?

Thanks!

This post was edited by CT_Newbie on Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 17:24

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

Place a 4' level in an "X" fashion over your sink and check front/back and side/side. If it's level, spray some Countertop Magic in your sink. It makes water bead nicely and that may help.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 6:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CT_Newbie

OK, I will see if I can locate one or ask the contractor. They're sort of done for a while until my hood comes in or I pick a backsplash. I vaguely recall seeing levels when they were installing the cabinets.

Thank you!

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
CBP fusion pro grout (what is the correct color to use here?)
Hi, I ordered light quartzite tiles in 8'' x 24'' ...
ezpond
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™