Kitchen Layout Feedback V2.0
I posted earlier this week and got some good feeback and went back to the braying board. Here is what I came up with on the 2nd go around. (Well, more than 2nd.)
Some things to note:
- The storeage area next to the pantry is for non-food items such as cleaning products, mops, broom, etc.
- There is only one window to the outside. I do not want to move and/or change it's size. Currently the bottom of the window is about counter height.
- I put the cleanup sink in the corner to keep it by the window.
- As for electrical, gas, plumbing, etc they will be moved/redone to accomodate the kitchen. This is essentially a complete gut.
- Advice as to placement of under counter waste/recycling bins is desired.
- The 24" area to the right of the oven will be for things like the phone, mail, calendar, etc.
- The exact width of the open door ways/partial wall is adjustable. (Shrinking is easy, expanding would need structural analysis, but will be considered.
- The range will be a gas stove/oven and the wall oven will be electric. I do not expect a huge amount of use from both ovens (simultaneously) but there are occations where we really could have used two.
- I am open to most any suggestions.
- While some of the cabinets are are sized on the 3's, I plan on having custom cabinets made and will have them sized as needed. (Depending on the area.
- This is just for the base/appliance layout. I plan on wall caninets going from the pantry around to the oven.
- The family room wall could potentially be moved to create more room. (I will be able to confirm the feasability and how much of that tomorrow.)
- The breakfast bar will be primarily used breakfasts and lunch. Generally for the kids (9 & 7)
- The breakfast bar is 15 in wide.
- I am stil debating if the breakfast bar will be counter height or bar height. (Pros/cons of each are welcome.)
- I know the island kind of cuts in to the prep sink to stove movement. How close can/should I put the stove to the sink? Other great ideas are welcome.
- What did I miss?
If I forgot something, please let me know.