Where to sell a vintage kitchen copper range hood

MeekosMomNovember 11, 2012

HI, I am not sure if I am in the best forum, let me know if I am not. I just remodeled my kitchen and am wondering what the heck to do with a very large vintage range hood. It's a big piece, so I don't want to throw it in the landfill-87"x24", black metal with copper accents. Do you think anyone would want something like that-it seems so random. And if it could be used, how would I go about letting people know I have it (I don't think this would be a hot item on Craiglist LOL!) There's so much remodeling going on here in Dallas-it's sickening to think of all the debris from tearing kitchens out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mtnrdredux_gw

Try Restore, of Habitat for Humanity, or Freecycle

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 5:31PM
lascatx

Yes -- Habitat's Restore would be a good thing. There is one down here in the Houston area. It will have a limited market with that size, but it would be smashing in the right space. Hope it finds a good home.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 5:50PM
deedles

Wow. Beautiful! Why are you taking it out, if I may ask?

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 6:07PM
louisianapurchase

I don't know if I can even ask this on here, but what sort of price are you wanting for it? You can email me the price. I am not sure if my email is in my personal information. If not, I will put it in there.

Thanks,
Shannon

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 6:50PM
hobokenkitchen

I think it's stunning!

I would absolutely Craigslist it (we sold an entire kitchen we took out on Craigslist a few years back) and I would also put it on eBay - local pick up only.

Good luck - if we were at the beginning of the process and lived close to you I would buy it - it's such a statement piece!

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 7:11AM
MeekosMom

Thanks for the ideas everyone! It'such an unusual piece, needs a big kitchen!

Deedles: We are totally changing the kitchen design to more a Traditional/touch of contemporary feel. The original kitchen was finally showing its age, and being empty nesters, wanted an "adult" kitchen. So we gutted and redesigned a large kitchen, laundry room and bar area. Two islands, lots of outlets for plugging in laptops, Flat Screen, and a trifold glass door leading out to the backyard patio. I will put up pictures soon, its almost done.

Lousiana Purchase: would be glad to email you and see if you have any ideas too! Hard to figure out a price.

Habitat store, I think there is one in DAllas.

Robenkitchen-great idea about Ebay and saying Local Pickup only, I didn't know that was an option. Makes sense. I'll try Craigslist too.

Garden Web was a huge resource for picking stuff out for the remodel. Everyone is so helpful and insightful.

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 12:08PM
tytyvyllus

I had two copper hoods and could not get anywhere near their value so I took out the guts and placed them upside down in my garden and used them for planters; they look great and people driving by often stop and comment about them. that black and copper one would really make a statement or it could be a room divider planter.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 3:23PM
tytyvyllus

I live in a mid century modern home and just removed a built-in can opener and replaced it with two outlets and a light switch as that section of the counter had no outlets and no place to plug in appliances. the problem is that the wall is formica and I wondered if anyone can figure out what I can do to cover the hole around the outlet. no plate is large enough and just patching it would not work. I want to keep the formica for it is so mid century modern and want to retain the integrity of the home.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 3:30PM
technicolor

OT, you can buy covers that connect together at most HW stores. Or run a google search for the size you are looking for.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
How do I get a rich, warm, chocolate brown stain on oak cabinets?
We originally wanted white cabinets, but the painter...
aryno
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Gray Tile Grout - hideous HELP!!
Please help! I asked my tile guy to update our backsplash....
isheryl
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™