Kichen Layout Feedback
The wife and I are looking buying a REO that, for all practical puposes, does not have a kitchen. Below is the best that we have been able to come up with, based on doing kitchen design research and what we (don't) like about our existing. While I do plan on retaining a kitchen designer to help finalize, I would like get as far a long as possible, before that point.
Here are some notes on the layout:
- This layout is done with Lowes (2020.net) desginer. I am using it more for layout, than specific cabinets.
- The doorways (far right of both long walls) could be expanded/contracted if needed.)
- The opening in to the dining room (next the door on the top wall) could expanded/contracted if needed. (The door and opening are "connected" they just have to be 2 seperate entities in the designer so it looks like there is a partial wall between them.)
- The sink is in the lower left corner. (#4)
- The stove is #7
- The fridge is #12
- The dishwasher is next to the fridge)
- The black areas are counters/cabinets
- The white areas are the wall cabinets/tall utility cabinet/fridge)
- The upper right area is the pantry (it will be walled with a diaganal door)
- The cabinets labeled 11 and 10 will have a wider counter to accomodate seating
- Specific cabinets have not been determined yet. (I am hoping to find a good (price and quality) Amish or Mennonite craftsman.
- Anyone know and good Amish/Mennonite craftsman within ~120 miles of Milwaukee?
ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome.