Gaggenau vs. Wolf vs. ??

hmiziaNovember 9, 2012

Hello All!

We are remodeling/adding on to an old brick farm bungalow, which means I get to build a new kitchen. Yippee!! I've got the basic kitchen design down, which is fairly clean and simple, and loaded with counter space. Now I need to decide on kitchen appliances. We have the ability to purchase and store these appliances long before the kitchen is built, so I'm able to search long and hard for deals on high performance machines like Gaggenau and Wolf.

I'm curious about thoughts and experiences with these manufacturers when it comes to variable cooktops, especially in counter steamers, and double ovens. I've also come across some interesting looking Bosch appliances.

Thinking about Miele or KitchenAid for the dishwasher. Has anyone used or worked with drawer dishwashers? I love the idea of two stacked, but wondering if it's worth the price.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn

We had the Viking 6 burner range - it was really nice. With a lot of the top end ones it comes down to the look you like the best -

As far as 2 drawer dishwasher - we had the Fisher Paykel - they may be the ones that originally designed and started it all. It was perfect for us - empty nesters with small loads to run. No constant bending over to load it as well which is really super nice. We mostly used just the top drawer except for big cooking projects.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 2:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmizia

Thank you Karyn! That's very good insight about the drawer dishwashers. There are four of us, and after the home is finished my MIL will be living with us some, too. Full-size dishwasher it is!

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 5:09AM
More Discussions
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
99% Finished Kitchen--creamy white w/soapstone
Finally! Our kitchen is finished! I never thought the...
jbrodie
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
What do you think of leathered surfaces? and why?
So I did my first foray into a granite yard today....
lawjedi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™