Backsplash help - first time posting

mbm1221November 15, 2013

First time posting and remodeling. Kitchen is almost done -- need ideas for backsplash. We like the idea of an accent wall (currently stove wall is painted as an accent). Granite person gave us a temporary backsplash behind the sink -- kind of like it,may keep it. Has anyone done two tone tile -- one for the accent wall, one for the other walls? Other ideas? We like subway, maybe crackle glaze. Would like a design over the stove. Ideas welcome.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ellen1234

I don't have pictures unfortunately, but I did the Royal Oaks mosaic behind the range and chimney hood to the ceiling (my accent wall). Then for the rest I used urban putty subway tile with 3 rows of the mosaic as an accent along the tile (so 3 rows of subway, 3 rows of mosaic, 2 rows of subway). The 3 accent rows tie into the mosaic behind the range. I know someone who did the same basic thing but ran their mosaic behind the range vertical (which was a little too modern for my tastes).

I'm been happy with it, especially with the espresso colored cabinets (I also have glazed maple).

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 5:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ineffablespace

Why don't you do just the range wall? You don't really need it on the other wall so much. I like the under sill piece behind the sink.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™