Backsplash help - first time posting

mbm1221November 15, 2013

First time posting and remodeling. Kitchen is almost done -- need ideas for backsplash. We like the idea of an accent wall (currently stove wall is painted as an accent). Granite person gave us a temporary backsplash behind the sink -- kind of like it,may keep it. Has anyone done two tone tile -- one for the accent wall, one for the other walls? Other ideas? We like subway, maybe crackle glaze. Would like a design over the stove. Ideas welcome.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ellen1234

I don't have pictures unfortunately, but I did the Royal Oaks mosaic behind the range and chimney hood to the ceiling (my accent wall). Then for the rest I used urban putty subway tile with 3 rows of the mosaic as an accent along the tile (so 3 rows of subway, 3 rows of mosaic, 2 rows of subway). The 3 accent rows tie into the mosaic behind the range. I know someone who did the same basic thing but ran their mosaic behind the range vertical (which was a little too modern for my tastes).

I'm been happy with it, especially with the espresso colored cabinets (I also have glazed maple).

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 5:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ineffablespace

Why don't you do just the range wall? You don't really need it on the other wall so much. I like the under sill piece behind the sink.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Silgranit metallic gray or cinder?
I am getting ready to order my super single Silgranit...
sblct
what granite edge did you choose and why
Templating took 5+ hours over 2 days and now I have...
bostonpam
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™