Layout help with Microwave!
I have recently found this forum and have been learning a lot. We are going to be building a new home, ground break in two weeks. We have no idea what we are doing, but I love to do research online so I hope I can figure it all out! This is a dream house; it should be "perfect" (within our budget).
It is supposed to be a custom home but we used the builders model and changed a few things. I'm hoping you can help me.
Here is my trouble: where do I put my microwave? (and warning, I am pretty picky for some reason!)
1) supposed to go over the range and I do not like it there; interferes with cooking flow.
2) It was supposed to fit in small 2' nook next to pantry... However that is too narrow, and we want to put our coffee on that counter and it just makes things too crowded. Yes I can grow that by a couple inches, but look at that huge kitchen! Why do I have two appliances stuffed in that tiny 24" space???
3) I was thinking of a builing it into the cabinets in the corner between sink and stove... would it look too strange there (I've seen pics on Houzz and they are OK). Also I bet that is a custom cabinet to put it into, right??? I don't think we will have money for anything custom designed.
4) Do not like it on the counter.
5) Considered drawer... $1000 is too much for me, and I am afraid of lifting hot items up and out of a drawer...
6) Wonder if I have enough space to put on wall where sink is, on one side or the other? Would it be strange all the way at the end of the counter, almost near my sliding glass door?
7) Another idea, on the wall where the range is... but I am trying to be symetrical. Looks like 2' cabinets to right of range. Would I do 1' cabinets to left of range, approx. 2' for microwave, then another 2' for a nice angled corner cabinet? Do I have door clash there?
Please help! If anyone has worked one as a built in, curious to know cost. We do not have any more funds for fancy custom work in the kitchen (I've already spent it)!