slide in kitchenaid range

kersh956November 5, 2013

hi, i just bought a kitchenaid slide in range. o one side is the countertop and the other side is the wall. the stove is a snug fit to the wall. there is a gap from the back of the stovetop to the wall. i have seen black or stainless pieces that you can buy to fill the gap. i got a hold of my countertop person to see if he could cut me a matching piece of countertop for the back. he told me that i have to have some kind of frame to hold it. has anyone had experience with this thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunsoleil

I have a Kitchenaid slide in stove. I have a granite countertop and that two inch or so strip of granite was glued on a wood brace that was screwed to the wall studs to support it. It is not a big deal at all. The seam will be so small you won't notice it and you can always remove the piece if you ever replace your stove with a regular range.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 2:41PM
live_wire_oak

It totally depends on how much room there actually IS between the range and the wall as to whether or not a small sliver of stone can be coaxed in there. It will look strange to have stone and no filler on the side though.

And be SURE that you install some non combustible material on the whole side wall adjacent to the range!

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 2:47PM
sunsoleil

Mine is not a sliver, but about a 3 x 30 inch piece of granite. The stove back slides over the granite, but is not supported by it. The seam is filled, so it is not noticeable.
The stove should have installation directions that will give exact measurements.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 2:56PM
sunsoleil

live_wire_oak, I was wondering if your recommendation is for gas stoves only? I had never thought of that. I did think of needing plenty of counter space on the other side of the range for safety reasons.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 3:10PM
kersh956

live wire oak , we were considering travertine tile. do you think that would be ok

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 3:12PM
Trebruchet

kersh956:

I'd fire your counter guy. Installing blocking to support a countertop behind a stove is elementary.

Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Glossy tiles in this Kitchen?
Please take a look at this kitchen layout and let me...
r2d2indy
Ikea pantry options - what will work best?
I have a wall space between two french doors adjacent...
crcollins1_gw
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™