Another question about granite pricing

msbrandywinevalleyNovember 20, 2013

I understand (conceptually) the differences in various levels of granite. My question is more about the difference in pricing from one level to the next. I'm not looking for actual numbers, but how the levels relate to each other, if at all. In other words, what is the incremental price difference between levels?

Here's what's behind my question: Granite for my kitchen remodel was budgeted at Level 3, or $50/SF. The way it turned out, I chose one granite that's a Level 2 for a small area, and another granite that's Level 5 for the much larger area. The Level 2 was priced at $45/SF, not much less than the Level 3. The Level 5, however, was priced at $85/SF. Is there any relation between pricing at various levels?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snookums2

There is a market driven component. The more common or sometimes plain stones are less expensive. The more exotic ones, the more people will be willing to pay for them. Location, accessibility, amount available. Ease of fabrication and any special tools or skill level required. A lot of the sf charge is for fabrication.

Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
How high above countertop is the bottom of cabinets?
in a sink area? I have 18 inches above regular countertop...
Annette Holbrook
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™