Cup Pulls that don't need to be countersunk?

Melissa-KitchenNovember 9, 2012

I just went to Home Depot and chose a cup pull for our drawers. When I got home, the sample on that I bought doesn't fit on the drawers unless I countersink it and make the original hole larger. Does anyone have any suggestions of a cup pull that I can just screw in to the existing hole. I'm not terribly handy and would like to save myself the aggravation. I did some research online and all of them seem to need this but I'm hoping that someone here has experience with ones that do not.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_zone6

The countersinking is actually easy. Just use a drill bit to open up the current hole a bit larger. You only need to drill in the depth of the piece that sticks in there; don't go all the way through.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 2:16PM
Fori is not pleased

COuld you just get longer screws?

Or am I not getting it?

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 4:16PM
Melissa-Kitchen

It's not the screws that are the issue, it's where the screw goes into the pulls. It sticks out significantly and is meant to go in the hole on the drawer. I'm not explaining this well but you can see it on the right hand side of the picture. I have my sample one on my drawer now and there's a huge gap and you can see the cylinder part where the screw goes in.

I guess if I decide that I want them, I'll just drill a larger hole. I was just hoping there was a pull out there that wouldn't require making a large hole in case I want to change them in the future.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 8:12PM
jakuvall

Just checked Hafele catalog- only one of the bin pulls they offer needs to be countersunk, the other dozen or so don't (many are contemporary though).
I'm certain that the majority of bin pulls don't require countersink so you should find one that suits from some mfg. somewhere.
The Hafele you want to avoid it # 151.08.708

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Kitchen Cabinetmaker Recommendations Clearwater Fl
Remodeling new to us home and would appreciate recommendations...
gulfmermaid
Very cool island sink with retractable faucet
Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™