Gorgeous White Quartzite Slabs in PA.

hobokenkitchenNovember 15, 2012

I just saw these quartzite slabs and had to share - they just got a new shipment and it is SO stunning.

I've forgotten the name but it was NOT Super White (they had a very 'blah' slab of SW too).

Pictures don't do it any justice, but I'll post them anyway. The movement is stunning in person - much more so than the pictures show.

They are at Suburban Marble in Bucks County PA and if we didn't already have our Super White in, these slabs would have been a serious contender.

I just wantd to put them out there in case anyone is looking!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
secondcup

Love those - not in PA, but thanks for sharing those beauties.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 2:26PM
drewem

Hey! That's my slab! I'm getting these ones from Suburban in our house. Arabescato White Quartzite.

They are lovely aren't they? However, it's only in honed, not polished.

Next choice for me is what backsplash to pair it with? I have a few ideas....

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 2:27PM
cat_mom

Drool!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 2:32PM
hobokenkitchen

Drewem - lucky, lucky you. Those slabs are absolutely to die for!

Backsplash decision is so hard. I would REALLY like to get some color into the splash, but so tough to do without arguing with the stone.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 3:36PM
drewem

Thank you! :)

Now it was a struggle, and I mean struggle, with the builder to allow me the pleasure of those counters. (This was after the entire Bianco Antico saga, where they agreed to source it for me, but wouldn't let me see it...So I went to their fabricator and picked out the Arabescato White instead) I love the green swirls in it. I was looking at the super white there, but it was blah, as you said.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 3:49PM
kaysd

Those are gorgeous! Lucky you, Drewem. A local yard had 1 slab of that a few months ago -- I would have grabed it if they had 2. (They had it marked as Super White.)

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 6:19PM
ppbenn

Those are indeed stunning slabs of stone.
However are you sure of the name? In september I found a stone at a yard in Allentown PA. The woman said it was White Arabescato. It too was stunning very similar to these slabs. I brought home a sample about 8"X12" It is SO brittle, chips off and scratches worse than the soapstone sample.
It has what looks like crystal pieces in it in the veins. But was really pretty but oh so fragile. The woman didnt know what stone it was when I asked if it was quartzite. She said its just arabescato- which was written on it.
I know names change from one place to another.
I may have to drive down tomorrow and get a sample.
Really have to pick before I settle on the cab color

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 7:18PM
hobokenkitchen

I am sure they had it marked as Quartzite. I really noticed because they had the 'blah' Super White slab marked as granite and I've only ever seen Super White marked as quartzite before.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 7:28PM
kitchendetective

Anyone else see the Can-Can dancer's leg in one of those slabs?

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 8:57PM
kitchendetective

Anyone else see the Can-Can dancer's leg in one of those slabs?

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 8:59PM
beekeeperswife

Drew- I'm voting for carrying that up the wall as the backsplash. So gorge it should be seen vertically and horizontally.

Bee

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:46PM
karin_mt

Regardless of the name, it's always smart to treat slabs labeled as quartzite with a healthy dose of skepticism. I'd strongly recommend doing a glass-scratch test to determine quartz from marble.

Beautiful slabs though, they remind me of fluffy clouds.

Here is a link that might be useful: super white quartzite thread (it's not actually quartzite)

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 12:24AM
drewem

Bee-hmmm now that is one idea I have not considered yet. Thanks for the suggestion! I am open to anything, just not boring...

Yes, at Suburban (where those slabs are located), the tag on them states Arabescato White Quartzite, honed, level 9, 3 cm thick. And yes, the SW was marked as a granite, polished, I forget the level, maybe 8. Not very nice looking at all.

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
Zephyr Monsoon I or Air King LIN34 600 CFR Range Hood Insert??
I am ready to buy a range hood insert for my kitchen....
Kenneth House
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™