undermount kitchen sinks with drainboard

Lorenza5064November 27, 2012

I am planning a complete kitchen renovation. I currently have an Elkay topmount ss double bowl sink with right side drainboard. I absolutely love the drainboard feature and plan to install a similar sink as an undermount in the new kitchen. I have spent hours online chasing the "ultimate" sink; 18/10 ss, 16 ga., 10" deep basins, left and right basins of similar size (either 50/50 or 60/40), etc. etc. The ideal would be to order a custom sink from seamless sinks, but with an ideal sink comes an exorbitant price. Has anyone traveled this road and might be able to advise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mtnfever

Do you like your current sink? Does it look like this picture (from Elkay's website ECGR5322L2_RND)? Maybe you could undermount your existing sink, which is way cheaper than the "exorbitant" price for your "ideal" sink?? Maybe I ask too many questions??? lol

Or, buy a non-drainboard sink (*far* cheaper) and put runnels in your counter. Lots of links on this topic, here's one from today, listed below. Edit: the responses to carolml's post are on the "don't do it" side, so please consider (or even better, post!) what your countertops will be. Lots of successful runnels in soapstone and epoxy resin (both used in chem labs).

cheers

Here is a link that might be useful: carolml's thread for granite runnels

Here is a link that might be useful: carolml's thread for granite runnels

This post was edited by mtnfever on Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 14:06

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Zephyr Monsoon I or Air King LIN34 600 CFR Range Hood Insert??
I am ready to buy a range hood insert for my kitchen....
Kenneth House
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™