Rubber feet on Kohler sink protector are staining sink

threeapplesNovember 3, 2013

I have a Whitehaven sink and a Kohler sink protector with little white rubber feet. I clean the sink constantly with the protector removed. Somehow the rubber feet are leaving little yellow circular stains that come off with Kohler cast iron cleaner, but I fear using this daily in those spots will break the finish down. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marissa16

I use soft scrub gel with bleach to clean the sink and also to clean the bottom of the white rubber feet and seems to work for my Kohler cast iron sink.

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 6:52PM
threeapples

Thanks. This Kohler product seems just like soft scrub. Do you get the yellow stains from the rubber feet on your thing, too?

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 10:42PM
marissa16

I get it some as well. I have a cape dory sink that is a blue green color. I have used both products and actually think the soft scrub gel is a little better and less expensive than the Kohler cleaner. I see it from the top of the feet too and the soft gel does a good job to clean that as well. You just don't want to use anything abrasive because it will dull the finish.

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 11:15PM
marissa16

I get it some as well. I have a cape dory sink that is a blue green color. I have used both products and actually think the soft scrub gel is a little better and less expensive than the Kohler cleaner. I see it from the top of the feet too and the soft gel does a good job to clean that as well. You just don't want to use anything abrasive because it will dull the finish.

Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™