Kitchen island shape

okpokesfanNovember 13, 2012

In our new build, we will have an angled island. It will go about 5 feet, then make a 45 degree turn, go about 3 ft, make another 45 degree turn, then go another 2 1/2 ft. Right now we have it drawn up with the sink in the 3 ft run with the DW in the 2 1/2 ft. run.

I am wondering if any of you have this setup and if you like it. Is it awkward to load the dishwasher? I'm worried that it will be and am thinking about moving the sink and DW to the 5 ft run ( I can change the run dimensions a little if I need to.)

We started dirt work today so need to have this decided pretty soon. I don't have it saved up so can't post a picture. I will try to later this evening but would appreciate all comments before then!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcuviello

I have a zig zag shaped island and it works fine for me. It's not difficult to load the dishwasher at all.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 12:53PM
karenschaewe

I would think the DW would need more than a 2 1/2 foot run in order for the door to not interfere with a person standing at the sink. My inlaws have a similar setup monkeyjac with about an 18" trash pullout in between the sink and DW. With a 2 1/2 foor run you will only have 6" between DW and sink.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:58PM
okpokesfan

I can move the DW to the other side run so I may play around with that. Thanks for the input!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Ikea Process?
We're re-thinking things and are now leaning towards...
annaw_123
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™