Cleaning question - crackle backsplash tile and stainless steel

phiwwyNovember 13, 2012

In trying to narrow down backsplash choices - I have heard a little that the crackle tile can get stuff in the crackle. From what I've read - you have to seal every 6 months. Is any of this true for those with crackle tile backsplashes? I would be upset if tomato sauce got into the cracks of white backsplash tile! If so, well that eliminates a bunch of contenders.

Also, I'm really not sure what to clean my new Elkay stainless steel sinks with. I've just used Dawn dish soap thus far b/c I don't want to use anything that will scratch it. What's safe to use that you like?

For light cleaning of the stainless appliances - can I use method stainless cleaner or stainless steel wipes?

Thanks...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

There are lots of products out there for stainless steel and of the several different ones I have tried I like the Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes the best (even nicer than their spray). One wipe will clean the fronts of the refrigerator and my ovens. After cleaning I just buff it with a soft cloth. It looks and stays great. If I get any fingerprints on the fridge they wipe right off with a microfiber or other soft cloth.
The Weiman web site has coupons that you can print for .65 off the price. It also lists where you can by the product. I have bee able to find it at many places, even my grocery store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weiman Wipes

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Decorative frameless drawer fronts?
I'm building our kitchen with frameless cabinets and...
mushcreek
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™