Two soap dispensers at kitchen sink...?

msbrandywinevalleyNovember 19, 2013

We're remodeling our kitchen and I'm thinking of having two built-in soap dispensers -- one for dish soap, one for hand soap. I'll have a double sink, well, actually a 1-1/2 undermount. So where should those dispensers be placed? One on each side of the sink? Side-by-side? One on the side, one near the faucet? Has anyone else done this? Do you have a photo to share? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debrak2008

I wash my hands with the same detergent I use for dishes which is Dawn. Are you sure you need a separate product?

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 11:48AM
may_flowers

How often do you use dish soap? I use it once a day, so it's not a bother to reach under the sink and grab the bottle. I have hand soap in my dispenser. I wash my hands several times a day, so I wanted something gentler than dish soap.

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 12:04PM
function_first

I also have a gentle dish soap in the dispenser (no dyes, etc.) and wash my hands with it several times per day, no issues. I have hand soap in a bottle (for guests), but prefer the dish soap at this point.

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 12:15PM
msbrandywinevalley

I've been using two different soap products forever. It never occurred to me to use dishwashing soap for my hands. If it's so good at dissolving grease, it might be too harsh for my hands.

As for the frequency of using dishwashing soap -- that's not what's driving my decision to have dispensers. I just hate the clutter and dripping soap at the sink. Dispensers look nice and are quite convenient. I've long had one for dish soap and wouldn't go back to using a bottle.

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 12:16PM
palimpsest

I did this in kitchen #1 and it worked out except that I would never remember which dispenser contained which.
In kitchen 2 just wanted the faucet, no other gadgets, in kitchen #3 I might do two dispensers but I am doing two faucets on one large sink.

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 12:19PM
Ellen1234

I also have one dispenser with dish-washing soap, and just use a tiny dab to wash my hands.

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 2:39PM
joaniepoanie

I have two....here's a not so great picture...

Bookmark   November 19, 2013 at 3:13PM
ginny20

I have friends who have three - they have hand lotion in the third. I seem to remember the dish soap is on one side and the hand soap and lotion are on the other. They love it.

Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 6:29PM
granjan

I'm also one who just uses Dawn for hands and dishes. I find it fine for my skin, and in fact often think that the hand soap, in the bathroom sink, doesn't really work well if my hands are oily or greasy. And of course they always are when cooking!

Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 7:33PM
WhiskyWoman

I was thinking of two or three myself... one being for bleach. I thought to get one of a different finish or style. I have been eyeballing the Waterstone brand. Look at waterstoneco.com , they have some dispensers with different caps ( soap, lotion and blank).

Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 8:51PM
ChristyMcK

We also wash our hands and clean our dishes with the same soap which is a Costco liquid dishwashing soap that is very gentle and not too concentrated. We'll stick with this and keep ours to one soap dispenser.

Bookmark   November 26, 2013 at 8:11PM
sjhockeyfan325

Whiskey woman, why would you want a bleach dispenser for you kitchen sink?

Bookmark   November 26, 2013 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Polished chrome and polished nickel fixtures in same kitchen?
This is what I get for not figuring everything out...
windycitylindy
What does it take to become a kitchen designer?
I know there were posts on the subject several years...
sjerin
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Has anyone heard of/used Hominter?
Our new house build is proceeding and while we haven't...
beckysharp
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™