Beaglesdoitbetter-your kitchen featured in Houzz Article

cscowNovember 7, 2012

Hi!

I am mostly a lurker, but starting to recognize the famous GW kitchens! When I opened my email from Houzz this morning, I saw your kitchen in an article discussing countertops. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chicagoans

Cool! That's such a great house with so many beautiful details. She should get a houzz spread of her own!

I like the article you linked - lots of pretty counters pictured. And I think the tips are good; these are things I've read here on GW but I think many people going through a build or reno process might not think of these. (I didn't; reno was pre-GW for me.)

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 10:31AM
beaglesdoitbetter1

Hey, thanks cscow! I check on houzz a lot but I didn't see that! Cool!

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 2:12PM
a2gemini

Way cool!
We have so many famous kitchens!

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 7:56PM
flevy

Congrats Beagles...I can't believe how often I've seen your kitchen in different sites. Every time I'm looking for an idea, it seems when I research the picture more, it turns out to be your kitchen.

You did a great job planning your house. It's just beautiful.

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 7:59PM
oldbat2be

I still keep thinking of the time beagles was locked in her closet prior to move in... That image definitely stuck for some reason. Amazing home! Beagles, did you finish furnishing/decorating the library? I so loved the concept. And how about landscaping or is that next year? Off to browse the link:)

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 9:31PM
beaglesdoitbetter1

Thanks everyone :) I couldn't have done the kitchen or house w/o help from Gardenweb :)

oldbat2be, that was very traumatic, LOL! My DH kept the message I left on his answering machine when I was locked in the closet, he thinks it is hysterical.

I did finish decorating the library. Here are some pics- the ladder is pushed forward in these, making it appear more crowded than it is. Normally, the ladder is pushed back against the blue chair. I've also added a book stand behind the couch which isn't pictured and some desk accessories, also not pictured. I can't take updated ones now b/c I've already left for the winter already:

Landscaping in the front beds of the house is done but I don't have any pictures of that at the moment. The back is probably going to be awhile... I want to extend the patio the whole length of the back of the house and build a screen porch but first we want to finish remodeling in Florida.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 1:20AM
More Discussions
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
It starts with the sink... Kohler Stages 33 or 45?
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just starting a kitchen...
ediblekitchen
Week 44: Spring, spring, SPring, SPRING dreams!
I am having spring fever. I can't wait until it's...
CEFreeman_GW
Soapstone in the Midwest/St. Louis area?
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for the past year,...
designsaavy
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™