Does anyone have Sienna Bordeaux granite?

Melissa-KitchenNovember 19, 2012

I think that we have finally decided on the sienna bordeaux granite. I am waiting for our granite guy to email me photos from 3 separate distributors so I can choose one that I like.

Does anyone have this granite? What do you love and hate about it?

I'll post the three choices when I get them so I can get everyone's input on which slab to choose. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Since he is special ordering a granite that he doesn't normally carry, I think that I have to commit to the slab that he brings in for me. I have seen Sienna Bordeaux at two other granite places (multiple slabs and one installed on an island.) I liked all but one of the slabs, which seemed very, very gray.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmarcel

Melissa, I have sienna bordeaux granite in my kitchen. I don't have any photos to show you. It's on my island and countertops. I have cream colored cabinets and hardwood floors. I have seen it displayed at our local parade of homes and some slabs can be more gray than others. I do have some gray, but it's mostly cream, browns and blacks.

What I love about it is that is has alot of movement. Some people like more of a subtle consistent look, but I wanted the more exotic with alot of veining thru it. I've had it for 4-5 years. There's nothing I don't like about it.

I have heard that some decorators think granite will be dated in a few years and when you look at HGTV it seems they do mostly a quartz or a contrete. But then I think what they do is not what most people really like (my opinion of course).

If you're a clean-freak - which I'm not - you might be bothered by the fact it's hard to see if there's food or crumbs that didn't get cleaned up. That's a plus for me!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Largest flushmount sink for 36" cabinest
Can anyone point me to the largest flushmount sink...
akjr_gw
What do you think of leathered surfaces? and why?
So I did my first foray into a granite yard today....
lawjedi
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Sponsored Products
Dransfield & Ross Simply Damask Pillow In Sienna And Bronze
Beyond Stores
Sienna Curtain 96"L
$325.00 | Horchow
Area Rug: Trapani Dark Chocolate 8' x 10'
Home Depot
Domitalia | "New RetrĂ³" Chair, Set of 4
YLiving.com
Accent Rug: Mineral Biscotti 2' x 3'
$45.49 | Home Depot