Faucet brands and wildly varying prices

zaphod42November 5, 2013

What are good faucet brands? Are more expensive faucets that much better? I'm looking at the professional style pull-downs. There's an Essen that I like the look of for under $200 on one end and a Blanco for 480.00 on the other with a bunch in between. Also looking at an American Standard and Danze. Any brands better than others? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Stay away from no name Chinese. For a pre-rinse faucet, to get a decent quality, you're looking at around 1K. Sometimes you can find a name brand like the Blanco you've found on clearance, or open box return, but stay away from the cheapos. I personally prefer the heft of something like the Kohler or the Blanco or KWC.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 10:16AM
jackaround

I just bought the Delta Leland for $198. I like the looks of it and didn't want to spend $500 on a faucet. Am interested in the responses you get...
(Mine's still in the box so I can return if needed.)

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 10:51AM
rococogurl

There are good faucets at every price point. It's amazing how few complaints there are.

As a rule of thumb, the more metal in a faucet the higher the quality. That goes for everything from internal parts to the finish. So a high-end faucet like an mgs progetti, f.ex. is all stainless steel; a Barber Wilsons or Samuel Heath, Dornbracht are mainly brass and have integral/living vs coated finishes.

Coated finishes today are excellent and it's difficult to distinguish between the two.

Value is getting a faucet with a lot of brass for an excellent price.

Liked brands here are Delta, Moen, Kohler, Grohe, Brizo, Waterson and Hansgrohe. Prices on any style can vary. On the higher end Rohl and KWC are well liked.

A lot depends on the style faucet that suits the sink. Some basic information is on the link. Additionally here is info on why kitchen faucets splash.

Historically there have been threads here on the most popular faucets -- the last one is a few years old.

Here is a link that might be useful: Making Sense of Kitchen Faucets

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™