karbon faucet online or from home depot vs. plumbing supply

Laura_PANovember 27, 2012

Is this the same exact faucet you would get from plumbing supply store? It has the same model number but I thought that some Kohler items were made differently for the big box stores. I just expected they would have different model # if that was the case. There's such a huge range of prices!

I was looking at a waterstone but I could get 2 karbons for that price, and am thinking of doing so with my stages 45. Anybody else besides laurainlincoln have 2, and do you love them/use them both? I hate the idea of putting so many holes in my granite...

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beekeeperswife

On the subject of 2 faucets in one sink...at our cleanup sink I have a Kraus faucet that has the pot washer sprayer and also the regular faucet. There is only one hole in the counter. But, there have been times that my dh is using one and I'm using the other while we are cleaning up. So, if a sink is wide enough, I can really see using 2 faucets at one time.

I've always heard that if the model numbers on the faucets are exactly the same then they are exactly the same faucet. I think when a faucet is made for the big box stores they do change the item, but so does the model number.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 9:53AM
writersblock

I seriously doubt you need to worry about a specialized item like the Karbon. They can't possibly be selling the volume of those that would make it worthwhile to create a special cheap version.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:46AM
function_first

I have watched their cool videos multiple times, and love the Karbon. That's a great price for such a piece of awesomeness. Lucky you!

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 9:11PM
Laura_PA

thanks. Beekeeperswife, do you love your Kraus faucet?

I am starting to wonder if I am better off with a pair of 2 single hole faucets (maybe grohe K7 or something simple like concetto?) or with one funky single hole faucet with a sprayer such as the Kraus.

I hesitate only because I want to put an air button for disposal and soap dispenser and I think having all those things (6 holes) in the counter would too cluttered a look.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 9:38PM
beekeeperswife

We have no problems with the Kraus. When I first used it, I expected the stream from the sprayer to be more forceful....not sure what I was thinking...a fire hose?
Now, I can say I'm very happy with it.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 9:43PM
dianne47

I have the Stages 45 sink with a single Delta Leland stainless faucet. I cannot see the use for 2 faucets in the Stages sink. The pull-down feature of the Leland allows me to reach all areas of the sink easily, it's especially good for cleaning the sink and rinsing the cleanser from the shallow area.

I've read more than once that the quality control on the faucets sold at the big box stores can be sketchy, as in they aren't inspected at the factory. I bought all my faucets online and have had zero problems in 18 months. The Karbon looks nice in videos, but be sure and see one in person at a Kohler showroom before you make a decision.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Crack in new quartzite countertop
I spent $12,500 having these new quartzite countertops...
dregw
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
Kitchen Layout opinions
Hi, due to some plan changes (for expense reasons)...
sfstanek1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™