Miele Ventilation Hoods

regantNovember 17, 2012

We are in the process of choosing a Miele Vent hood and are wondering why such a big price difference between the Classic and the Masterchef hoods. We can see that prices vary with size, but that, and the included features don't seem to justify the large difference in price.

Is it just the fancier styling of the Masterchef?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alwaysfixin

I tried googling Miele Masterchef hood, but couldn't come up with anything. It would help us help you if you provided model numbers, so we could look at what you are looking at, and help you figure out why the price difference. Or at least provide us more information (chimney hood? wall-hood? island hood? size?)

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 5:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regant

Good point!

We were looking at the Wall hoods and referring to the brochure on our Canadian website (http://miele.ca/miele/canada/cooking/pdfs/MIELE_Cooking_Hoods.pdf).
Here, it shows the 30" Classic Hoods DA398-5 and DA5980W at $1999 and $1599 respectively, whereas the 30" Masterchef Hood DA5381W is $2899.
The 36" Classic Hoods DA399-5 and DA5990W are priced at $2099 and $1649 respectively whereas the 36" Masterchef hoods DA289-4, DA5190W, DA5391W and DA6290W are priced at $3399, $3199, $3099 and $3399 respectively.
The specs don't seem to show any major extras on the Masterchef hoods. Am I missing something?

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:48AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
how to deal with delays
our cabinets were supposedly on pace to be delivered...
lmgch (formerly on GW)
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™