X-post French Cleat mounting hdwr 4 insert vent?

deedlesNovember 20, 2013

Cross posted on appliances but thought I'd put it here, too, in case....

I've seen quite a few manufacturers of wood hoods mention a 'french cleat' hanging system which is a metal plate screwed to the wall with brackets that are attached to the metal plate. The insert is screwed to and hangs under the brackets. Then the wood decorative hood can be mounted over the whole thing.

Problem is I cannot locate a source for the french cleat system for the inserts. Anyone know of where I can find such a thing?

The link below is a PDF of the cleat system and hanging instructions, if this would help anyone help me find it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I used a french cleat to hang my upholstered headboard.This blog shows you how to make your own:
Or, you can buy a metal one on line. major brand is Hangman

Here is a link that might be useful: hangman

    Bookmark   November 20, 2013 at 10:23AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kitchen reveals and DAT threads with missing photos and text
I’ve been looking at Gardenweb threads that have...
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™