Joining the "Can't Decide on a Backsplash" club!

buchanajNovember 13, 2012

I have looked at so many different backsplashes, I'm dreaming about them!

But, in all seriousness, we are building a new home and I'm at the point that I need to decide on a backsplash. Kitchen will have very dark cabinets and lighter wood floors. I think I would like something simple for a backsplash so I can let the granite to do the "talking" in the kitchen. For granite, I think I'm going to go with a Bianca Antico slab. I want something elegant and sophisticated. I thought about a tumbled marble 4x4 on diaganols with metal accents . . . or just a glass subway tile . . maybe a light brown? I don't want to go too colorful as I'd like to have the option to change up my kitchen colors regularly without having to decorate around the backsplash.

Anyone have a recent kitchen reno/build that could share some photos? I have looked through all sorts of previous posts but can't settle on one thing.

Thanks for your help!

Jenn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debrak_2008

You should make all your final decisions on cabinets, granite, etc. BEFORE making a final decision on a backsplash. BA can be tricking because there are alot of variations. Pick your slab then your backsplash. There are alot of photos here on GW of BA aka white diamond with backsplashes. I just posted a peak of my back splash in the "backsplash" thread.

1 Like    Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 8:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phiwwy

Welcome to the Bianco Antico can't decide on backsplash club. Seems there are quite a few of us with BA, Delicatus or something very similar to BA. Love to see your kitchen and what you're looking at. I've posted some pix of some BS choices for my BA, but most of my cabs are white, not dark.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 11:43AM
More Discussions
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™