Where did you place soap dispenser in relation to faucet?

bluetea57November 21, 2012

Hi all, after more than 5 weeks of working and waiting we are at countertop installation , my question is how far away from your faucet did you install the soap dispenser? I have a Kraus UB24, double bowl (60/40)) and a single hole Delta high arc faucet. I want the soap dispenser to the left of the faucet on the main bowl, the faucet will be centered between the two bowls. From drawing it out I was thinking about 4 inches away..on the top of the curve...Any suggestions?? Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dilly_ny

I would put it as close to the sink rim as possible. I feel mine is set back too far and the soap dispenser spout does not reach into the sink much.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:39AM
bluetea57

Ah, excellent point, I'm going to go measure the spout right now!

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 8:44AM
Debbi Branka

My faucet configuration goes this way, left to right, sprayer, faucet, water on/off control, soap dispenser. They are all about 2" away from each other I think (see picture). As the other poster mentioned, be sure it's close enough to the edge. My dispenser drips exactly down the inside edge of the sink. I wish it were a 1/2" closer or so.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 9:38AM
Angie_DIY

I put mine about 10" away from the faucet. (I placed the airgap symmetrically on the other side.)

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 9:47AM
ILoveRed

When we built this house 7 yrs ago, placement of soap dispenser was an item that was often emphasized on this forum. Many had made the mistake of setting theirs too far back.

Mine sits closer to the edge of the sink and the soap goes in the sink.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 10:01AM
gone_south

I asked for mine to be closer to the sink than it is. Installers said that it was as close they could possibly get it. It sure looks like it will drip down the edge of the sink to me. The dispenser came with my Kohler faucet. I'm keeping an eye out for a brushed nickel replacement that has a longer spout. Anyone know of one?

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 10:10AM
dilly_ny

Here is my Delta leland faucet with coordinating (Delta I think) soap dispenser. If it reached a bit more into the sink, it would have been better.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 8:51AM
bluetea57

Had the granite installed today..really beautiful.With the sink cut out the soap dispenser was better placed at the left corner of the bowl. The spout on the dispenser is 3 inches long and it appears that it will extend out into the sinks, not dribble down the side. Thanks for all the good advice.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 5:49PM
a2gemini

I put mine in the left corner. The faucet is centered over the drain but the water lands in front of the drain(planned)

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Faucet Finish
So, I've done many searches, and read dozens of GW...
Carrie B
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
Tiny Galley Kitchen: Layout feedback needed
We've decided we're staying in our current house forever....
ant_farmer
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™