Plugmold - size, angles, capacity questions

lalitharNovember 26, 2012

I specified plugmold for underbinet installation but have some questions to clarify before I finalize details with my electrician. Can someone tell me the actual dimensions of a hard wired plugmold? I am concerned that the space under my cabinet is not enough to actually hide it. I looked up the Legrand site and could not find the actual dimensions. Some of the older threads from 2009 mention other manufacturers - is there a preferred brand/model to consider? Does an angled installation make it more visible?

Also should I be worried about the capacity of the plugmold? If it is 15amps, am I risking it by wanted to use the blender and the coffee grinder at the same time? Any advice here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
corgimum

I have a 36'' long one sitting right here so I will try to help with dimensions. The front of it where the plugs are located is 1 3/16'' wide. The depth is harder to tell because it's still in the package and the back and front are separated but it is approximately 7/8'' thick. Hopefully someone with it already installed can help you with the capacity question. Mine is going on the island so I doubt I would use two things at once. BTW the one I measured is V20GB306+.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 1:42PM
a2gemini

Here is a website showing the dimensions. I am not sure what brand we used in our kitchen. We mounted ours on an angle to make it easier to plug items into the outlets.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100657491&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100657491&ci_kw=%7bkeyword%7d&kwd=%7bkeyword%7d&cm_mmc=shopping%2d%5f%2dgoogleads%2d%5f%2dpla%2d%5f%2d100657491&ci_gpa=pla#.ULQcq6VQWQo

Talk to your electrician on the capacity.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 8:53PM
lalithar

Thanks a2gemini and Corgimum.. Is there a minimum size for the under cabinet recess to keep this invisible.. Especially at an angle?

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 2:53AM
a2gemini

I put some edge trim at the base if the cabinet. It is not visible except possibly the one bridge we needed due to a cold air return.
I posted pictures recently I can post again this evening from my computer.
Visibility may vary depending on cabinet construction. What does your cabinet underside look like SIL is totally flat without a lip. Ours has a lip plus the trim.
Sent from iPhone.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 4:58AM
a2gemini

Here are some pictures - the PM is at the back and the LED in the front - we had to move the LED back due to the trim blocking the light.

Now you see it...

Now you don't

I think the angled PM hangs down about 1.5 inch and the little black box about 2.5 inches -

If you look very closely - you can see a bit of the one we had to bridge- I might try to change downstream - but needed an outlet to meet code...

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
re-thinking faucet -- super single silgranit - 2 faucets?
Ok. I want to reuse my current sink - the offset drain,...
lawjedi
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Do I need drywall behind cabinets?
I am building a counter-height knee wall between my...
DIY2Much2Do
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™