I put copyright on Photobucket image!

rhome410November 25, 2008

You CAN edit your images in Photobucket to add text...

See? :-D It can be sized to your liking and whatever color and font.

I don't think I can do whole batches at a time, but I haven't looked into it too far. But now that my albums are 'private', the pictures don't link back to the rest of the photos, so I can just edit as I want to post one. Later for the FKB, or when I get around to it, I'll just make a new album set to 'public' with all the images edited properly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenswrens

Great rhome!

As an aside, I love your cabinets! Can you tell me more about them, manufacturer, etc?

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 6:49AM
jessie21

I don't see the copyright!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 7:05AM
rhome410

Jessie21, that's something I was afraid of. I see it all the time now, but the first couple times after adding it, it wasn't showing. Weird. I'd like to know who sees it and who doesn't and if we can figure out why.

Jenswrens, thanks for the compliments on the cabinets. The manufacturer is us! ;-) I drew up the plans, DH built the boxes, we know a shop to order unfinished doors and drawer fronts (DH can do them and does an odd one here and there if we need it, but ordering them from this shop we trust is more efficient), and DH and I painted them.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 10:44AM
starpooh

rhome410 ~ you are brilliant!
It never occurred to me that Photobucket now supports image editing. The best part is that you can add the copyright after your photos are uploaded so your originals are intact.

I checked the photobucket forum and found there's a tutorial for making a transparent watermark.... so you can splash it across your photos to prevent others from cropping it off.

The only drawback is that they don't seem to support the actual copyright symbol ©. I couldn't get their text editor to accept the symbol. :-(

But this is a super-easy way to watermark those photos that are already uploaded onto Photobucket.
btw... I think that using white text makes a better transparent watermark.

Bravo rhome410!

Here is a link that might be useful: Add a transparent watermark to your images using Photobucket

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 10:48AM
starpooh

Here's an old photo of my kitchen. I just added the copyright text in white and rotated it to cover the photo.

Pretty cool!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 10:54AM
moegaff

I also love your cabinets. Is there any trick to painting them? Did you spray them or use brush---also what type of paint did you use?
Thanks!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 11:06AM
rhome410

I didn't find the way to make it transparent. The above was my first try, and at a late hour. After that, I tried different fonts in different colors to try to make it less obnoxious, and tried to put it high enough that the photo wouldn't be much if someone cropped it. But transparent and over more of the photo will be much better. Thanks for investigating further, Starpooh!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 11:11AM
loves2cook4six

Did you try both methods of getting the © into photobucket?

Hold down Ctrl and Alt at the same time and press Ctrl+Alt+C

or

Hold down Alt and type 0169 on the number pad (right hand side of your keyboard) Alt+0169

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 12:17PM
napagirl

Bumping this one, too !!

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
What does this tile say to you?
I am still in the planning stages of a small, U-shaped...
kelleg69
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™