If you have an eye for cabinet hardware....please help

cindee56November 30, 2012

I am trying again to post this photo and would like any suggestions on new knobs or pulls that are more modern? I can change the knobs to pulls if someone has a pull idea or ever a suggestion for a different knob style

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

those look appropriate,pleasant,durable,tasteful,good quality....saying that,if you want a change just look on Amerock for different options then.Maybe if you post a choice of 3 or 4 people can vote. It's hard to just "think of" something when the current is perfectly suitable.I've noticed:some new bronze finishes and antique silver is cropping up as a break from satin nickel.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 6:35AM
EAM44

A bar pull that echoes your horizontal accent bs would be a nice touch, something like the options below either in oil-rubber bronze to echo the brown you have, or stainless to match your appliance pull. I would orient all of them horizontally.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 8:34AM
Cateskitchen

This hardware would give you a nice updated look with out being overly modern...

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:13AM
corgimum

I have the Mulholland hardware and love it!

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:37AM
ILoveRed

Love the Mulholland posted above.

Love this Schaub pull. Is it too shiny? You have a lot of choices with 5" centers.

This site allows you to search using 5" centers as a parameter. Hope it's ok to post it.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:52AM
mjsee

Do you like the contrast of your current knobs/pulls? Or is that what bothers you? You need to figure out what it is about the current knobs and pulls it is that you DON'T like. Personally--I find the contrast jarring. But you may feel it offers punctuation to the room.

If it were me,I'd vote for bar pulls in a brushed stainless. But I wouldn't get the kind with the sticky-out bits at the ends (Bottom pull in EAM44's posting.) I would choose pulls like the first or second. The sticky-out bits catch on pockets and such. Very annoying, and can cause falls in people with compromised balance. (I've done a LOT of research on pulls/knobs since we plan/hope to age in-place.) Pulls are better for old hands. One needs much less dexterity to open a cabinet with a pull than a knob.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:57AM
may_flowers

Your knobs look a little tiny, so pick up a bigger one at a hardware store and see if that helps. I'm thinking if you changed to all pulls, it could look very cluttered in your small kitchen with lots of small doors and drawer fronts.

EAM's second bar pull in the ORB is really nice. I haven't seen that one before.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
I Found Yer Problem, Lady
You can't screw 1/4" plate steel through plywood...
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™